If you read anything today, make it Industry Buzz. Here are the latest headlines:
Do you have buzzworthy news tips? Email us at SNEWSedit@aimmedia.com.
- Camber Outdoors welcomed 15 new 2018 Corporate Partners: Clif Bar, Cotopaxi, evo, HOKA ONE ONE, GoLite 2.0, Native Eyewear, Notogroup, prAna, Santa Cruz Bicycles, Sanuk, Scarpa, Spyder, Teva, Waypoint Outdoor, and Yeti Coolers. This brings their total to 186. Additionally, the total CEO Pledge signers increased to 76 and the total Peak Partners increased to six.
- If you have 5 minutes today and want to do something to help the national parks, call the Capitol switchboard at 202-224-3121. The National Parks Conservation Association is live tweeting about park advocates lobbying on Capitol Hill today, telling Congress to #FixOurParks through passage of the National Park Service Legacy Act.
- Adidas Outdoor will now will operate its Rocky Mountain area showroom and center for key sales operations in the American Mountaineering Center in Golden, Colorado, the same building as the American Alpine Club. The move is a result of dramatic brand growth in the U.S. for both the adidas Terrex brand and the Five Ten brand.
- Attendees to Paddlesports Retailer this August can expect daily reporting from the show floor, as well as pre- and post-show coverage. As part of a partnership with Rapid Media, Paddlesports Retailer is developing a new Paddling Magazine Product and Industry Awards for the show in Oklahoma City.
- Scott Trepanier, of Columbia Sportswear, announced big life/career news. He posted on LinkedIn, "The family and I are moving to Geneva, Switzerland! Very excited to share that I’ve accepted a role overseeing Columbia Sportswear’s European marketing efforts. I’ll be transitioning between roles for the next couple of months and likely won’t be in Europe, full-time until early Summer." He was previously global brands communications director.
- Starting this fall, the University of Wyoming in Laramie will offer a major focused on outdoor recreation and tourism management, which came out of talks with university deans and Gov. Matt Mead’s Outdoor Recreation Task Force. UW joins a few other schools leveraging the economic value of the outdoor industry.
- Outdoor Research this week announced the window to submit applications for its new "We Can" Grant Program. Now in its second year, the grant will award $10,000 annually to individuals or organizations undertaking efforts to improve access to the outdoors on their home turf. Applications for the next cycle are due between May 1 and 31, 2018.
- Cairn, the outdoor gear subscription box company, has tapped Backbone Media for PR and communication strategy.
- Kate Ketschek of Revolution House Media added WakaWaka to her client roster recently, just as the growing solar device company announces that is the first European B-Corp company and plans to go public.