Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trade show discussion: We've followed up Cam Brensinger's opinion piece—about reinventing the traditional trade show—with a survey. We want your insight on what dates are best and what drives you to attend.
- Get smart: Snowsports Industries America's Industry & Intelligence kicks off the day before Outdoor + Snow Show at the Colorado Convention Center. The program includes conversations, panel discussions, and keynotes, with some of the most powerful and inspiring speakers on topics pertinent to our industry. See the full list of events here.
- E-bike access: Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility with three other conservation groups filed a lawsuit to overturn the Interior Department's expansion of e-bike access in the National Parks. The group alleges the federal agencies ignored laws.
- Plastic Impact Alliance: New members this week include Ore Communications, Rutabaga Paddlesports, and Carve Designs. Join the 322-brand-strong movement to make trade shows free from single-use plastic.
- Celebrity spotlight: Kevin Costner is producing a one-hour drama titled ISB that will focus on the National Park Service's Investigative Services Branch, who solve the most heinous crimes in the parks.
- Acquisition: Yakima announced that it has acquired Road Shower, an on-vehicle outdoor recreation water transport system. Through the acquisition, Yakima will take ownership of Road Shower’s intellectual property and existing inventory as it works to transition production to its own facilities.
- Bike industry crossover: Outdoor Research is partnering with professional cycling team Rally Cycling as the team’s official off-the-bike apparel sponsor for the 2020 racing season.
- GRAYL's GeoPress™ Water Purifier Bottle has won a 2019 “Best of What’s New” Award in the recreation category from Popular Science. The GRAYL GeoPress Purifier was recognized for its ground-breaking design and ability to provide virus-level protection from waterborne pathogens, revolutionizing portable water purification for global travel and outdoor recreation.