Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at email@example.com
- Tariffs update: The U.S. Trade Representative's latest list of Chinese products granted exclusions include singlespeed adult bikes, motorized skateboards, electric motorcycles, and apparently e-bikes.
- Obituary: Jennifer Ridgeway, Patagonia’s first director of advertising and the company’s founding director of photography, died last Tuesday after a yearlong fight with pancreatic cancer. "The goal of the photos is to sweep people away, to inspire them—to let them visualize what it’s like to be ‘out there,’ not stuck sitting at a desk or in front of a TV," Rideway wrote. "The message is to get off your bum and get out there and do stuff.”
- Tweet of the day: The new Bureau of Land Management HQ has been a debated topic lately.
- New Plastic Impact Alliance members: Last week, we added 360 Adventure Collective, Alpenglow Sports, Alp N Rock, Apex Outdoor Sales, Astrea Water, Big Fish Collective, Blizzard, Coalition Snow, Final Straw, Friends of Joshua Tree, Hayter PR, Kahtoola, Kari Traa, Kathmandu, Kenji Consults, Leave No Trace, Liquid Hardwear, National Parks Trips, Oboz, O'Keeffe Consulting, Prior Snow, Purl, Salida Mountain Sports, Seek Dry Goods, Sol Alpine, Tahoe Mountain Sports, and TwentyFifty. That brings us to more than 260 members working to nix single-use plastic at trade shows and other events. Here's how to join.
- Public Lands Month: Backcountry Hunters & Anglers is holding a Public Land Pack Out, a chapter-to-chapter competition aimed collecting 1,000 bags of garbage. BHA members can compete through organized clean up events or individually by packing out trash while hunting or fishing.
- National Parks: Admission is free to any site this Saturday, National Public Lands Day.
- Event: The Best Running Stores, which annually recognizes and celebrates the top specialty running stores, announced that next year's event will be held in Stone Mountain, Georgia, from May 17 to 19, 2020.
- Get Climate Neutral Certified: BioLite officially launched Climate Neutral, a new nonprofit to help other companies achieve a net-zero carbon footprint.