Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at email@example.com
- Ibex returns: After going out of business in early 2018, the company known for its high-end merino apparel is relaunching later this month under new leadership.
- Pop-up shop: Forsake debuted a pop-up retail location in Boston’s Newbury Street neighborhood, open daily through Dec. 31. “We’re thrilled to establish a physical presence in Boston, the city Forsake has called home since our launch in 2013,” said Jack Knoll, marketing director at Forsake. “For the first time, our customers have a place to try on our entire product line, chat with Forsake team members about what sets us apart, and learn about the ways we’re taking action to help protect the environment.”
- World record: Rad Power Bikes and Cascade Bicycle Club just earned the Guinness World Recordfor most e-bikes on a single ride. The 405-person group ride, which took place in Seattle in September 2018, was just confirmed to have surpassed the previous record of 271 e-bikes.
- National Park news: Zion National Park is reporting well over a half-million monthly visitors to its park from May through September, but the other four Utah sites have seen a drop in attendance. “I am not sure anyone knows exactly why," Jim Ireland, Utah state coordinator for the National Park Service, told Deseret News.
- IP dispute: Australian handlebar brand Eyropro is alleging patent infringement by Coefficient Cycling Company. Owner Zidaz Izaz took to social media.
- Obituary: Ed Zink, who owned Colorado's Mountain Bike Specialists and founded the Iron Horse Bicycle Classic, died Friday of a heart attack. He was 71.
- Nuun expanded its Endurance line into Canada. The launch coincides with the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon, where Nuun replaced Gatorade as the on-course hydration.
- Fjällräven partnered with Luminos Labs to launch a new digital commerce experience on Episerver. It means the brand's parent company can launch multiple brands and websites from a single user interface.
- Worthwhile read: "Conditions are changing for the worse. Climate change is making climbing and ski mountaineering more dangerous.” (Outside)