Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at email@example.com.
- This Saturday, visit your favorite National Park for free. The entrance-fee waiver is in celebration of National Parks Week.
- Grassroots Outdoor Alliance announced the finalists for its annual awards today. Find out who made the list here.
- Let's crush single-use plastic at OR! The movement to nix single-use plastic at Outdoor Retailer is gaining huge momentum. Check out the 48 brands who have joined The Plastic Impact Alliance and committed to doing their part to create a more sustainable trade show. Want to join? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your next jacket could be made from spider silk. Polartec and Kraig Biocraft Laboratories, a biotechnology company focused on the development and commercialization of spider silk, is bringing to market the first fabrics made from spider silk. The material was initially developed for specialized military applications, but is emerging as an ingredient for high performance textiles and apparel.
- Get a sneak peak at what we're working on for issue #2 of The Voice, which drops on June 18th. Don't miss out: Subscribe here.
- And want your product covered in The Voice? Enter the deets here for consideration.
- A compliance testing company is expanding its presence at Outdoor Retailer Summer Market in June. ACT Lab is working with Consumer Testing Technology (CTT), a testing services company with multiple locations in Asia, to increase ACT Lab's breadth of services.
- 360 Adventure Collective, the east coast rep association, has tapped Darby Communications as its PR agency of record to assist in amplifying the Collective’s latest news and shows with key retailers, reps, and brands within the outdoor, fitness, active lifestyle, and winter sport industries.
- SCARPA scored an Editors' Choice Award from Trail Runner Magazine for the Spin Ultra.
- Here's why photographer Chris Burkard is partnering with mobile lens system company olloclip: