Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There's a new trade show in town: The Big Gear Show will premiere in July 2020, three weeks after Outdoor Retailer Summer Market. What do you think makes a perfect trade show? Weigh in here.
- Big moves: Tom Adams is leaving the Utah Office of Outdoor Recreation for Petzl. That means Utah is hiring.
- Queen of freeskiing: Angel Collinson is a two-time reigning Powder Poll Female Athlete of the Year and one of the best, male or female, extreme skiers in the world. But even pros tumble.
- National Parks invasion: A study published in the journal Biological Invasions found that feral cats, hogs, rats, and other invasive species pose an immediate threat to the National Park Service's mission to preserve America's natural ecosystems.
- Higher entrance fees: On Jan. 1, 2020, some entrance fees to National Parks, Monuments, and Seashores are increasing for the third time in four years. Sites on the list include Mesa Verde, Canaveral National Seashore, and Cedar Breaks National Monument. See the full list here.
- Outsiders of the Year: Outside's list of athletes, movers, makers, hustlers, and rule breakers honors the most influential people changing our outdoor world.
- Extended warranty: Weston just announced a four-year warranty on all snowboards, including those purchased in the past. Weston says its warranty is now one of the longest in the industry.
- Worth reading: "It's a bottle but so much more. Would you pay $100 to carry water?" (Boston Globe)