Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At Outdoor Retailer Snow Show, SOLE is debuting a new 'Eco' collection, designed sustainable from tongue to tread. The FW19 range includes 12 new footwear styles that prioritize sustainable materials, such as cork, algae-based foam, natural rubber and rice rubber, and Australian merino wool. View the new line at #46105-UL.
- Speaking of the show, the Trend + Design Center will stage a fashion show—plus trend presentations—four different times. See the schedule.
- Durango Outdoor Exchange, an outdoor gear and consignment shop, is moving into an old Pizza Hut in early April after spending the past four years in a converted house.
- The national parks are hurting. And it's probably only going to get worse.
- Last Wednesday, 33-year-old Colin O'Brady completed a record-setting 921-mile, 53-day unsupported solo journey across Antarctica.
- Last month, a proposed natural gas pipeline that would have crossed the Appalachian Trail was put on hold. A federal judge revoked a key permit for the project, saying that the Forest Service had broken both federal law and its own policies in granting it.
- Sherpa Adventure Gear hired Peter Novak as president. He will oversee commercial strategy, sales, marketing, and branding at Sherpa. Most recently, Novak, held the position of vice president of sales at 5.11 Tactical. He's also leadership positions at Kelty, Mountainsmith, and Royal Robbins.
- And lastly, a 2019 goal we can all support.