Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We're a FOLIO finalist! The Voice is a finalist for the best business-to-business launch and best editorial use of data for our story Sex, Power, and the Outdoor Industry in the first edition of the trade journal. Read Part 1 here and Part 2 here.
- Exxel Outdoors, the parent company of Kelty, Sierra Designs, Ultimate Direction, and others, is moving its headquarters from Gunbarrel, just north of Boulder, about 15 miles south to Broomfield in Colorado. The company bought a nearly 40,000-square-foot building for $6 million.
- Outsourcing jobs: Eddie Bauer is shutting down its Columbus, Ohio, call center to send jobs overseas. More than 110 people will lose their jobs. The move follows the outdoor retailer's cost-saving merge with Pacific Sunwear.
- Teton Gravity Research trailer: The Jackson Hole-based filmmakers released the trailer for "Roadless," a story about Bryan Iguchi, Jeremy Jones, and Travis Rice on a 10-day human-powered expedition in the Teton Wilderness. The full film will drop this fall.
- Paragliding death: Photographer and filmmaker Cody Tuttle died in a paragliding accident in the Southern Sierra Nevada last week. Tuttle worked with brands like Big Agnes, F-stop, and Lowa.
- SNEWS contributor James Edward Mills is the keynote speaker for the Winter Wildlands Alliance's 8th Biennial Grassroots Advocacy Conference with the theme “Growing Equity in the Outdoors.”
- Launching tomorrow: Brooks Running Company and Locally are introducing same-day delivery to customers in 10 U.S. markets, spanning from Seattle to Atlanta. Locally is also launching the service in 25 other markets.
- 'Stop drilling attack': The Sierra Club is nearly 3,000 signatures shy of its 80,000 signature goal of a petition against the Trump administration's plan to reopen more than a million acres of public land and mineral estate in central California to oil drilling and fracking.
- Sherpa Adventure Gear named Groundswell PR its public relations agency of record. Groundswell will implement an integrated communications strategy, increasing consumer awareness around Sherpa’s innovative product lines and social initiatives that positively impact the Nepalese community.