Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at email@example.com.
- Monumental news: We received no less than 10 press releases with statements from conservation and outdoor organizations about the House's passage of the massive public lands package. “This bill is proof that, even in our current political climate, there are issues both Republicans and Democrats can agree on. It reinforces our belief that time outdoors has the power to unite us,” Eric Artz, REI Co-op interim president and CEO, said in a statement. “REI has worked for years with elected officials on both sides of the aisle on legislation that protects our public lands and creates access to the outdoors. The degree of bipartisanship is historic and worth celebrating. We’re proud to see this bill move to the White House and we encourage the President to sign it.” Read our story here.
- Outdoor Retailer just released this video recap of the Snow Show in January. See anyone you recognize?
- #CoolShop Water Stone Outdoors in Fayetteville, West Virginia, turns 25 years old on Memorial Day and the owners were recently quoted in a story about their home becoming a year-round destination.
- Booking campsites on federal lands can be messy. But Hipcamp just announced that it's integrating Recreation.gov campsite availability data with its site—making it the first third-party platform to directly access and share real-time federal campsite information. That's 370,000+ more private and public parks, campgrounds, and campsites to choose from.
- Colorado parents: Summer camp Avid4 Adventure is building on its popular Day Camps and Overnight Camps, with a suite of one-week Expedition Camps starting and ending in Boulder but accepting campers from around the world.
- Last week, Spyder announced the launch of an exclusive store on Amazon.com offering the Spyder and U.S. Ski Team’s co-branded gear to consumers. A percentage of the proceeds from the sales supports the U.S. Ski & Snowboard’s efforts.
- VF Corporation is the title sponsor for the 2019 Colorado Classic, making them the first title sponsor in the bike race's history. VF agreed to a two-year commitment to provide financial and marketing support for the stand-alone women’s pro cycling race.
- Weston Snowboards and Outer Range Brewing launched a new collaboration, The Rise. New for ’19-’20, Weston is launching their women’s all-mountain board the Rise. Ten percent of all profits of the Rise will go toward creating a scholarship fund for women to get their American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education (AIARE) certification.
- Equip Outdoor Technologies promoted Jonathan Frederick to USA Country Manager for the Rab and Lowe Alpine Brands. Jon was previously the US Marketing Manager for the company and help drive awareness and exposure for both brands.
- America Outdoors, the leading association of outfitters and guides, announced the appointment of six new members of the Board of Directors.