Responsible Down Sourcing, expanded Touch Screenglove line round out Fall 2015 collection
SEATTLE, Wash. – Improving our gear so our customers have more fun in the outdoors is what we set out to do every single day at Outdoor Research. Whether it’s creating entirely new, innovative styles using the latest technologies, or incremental improvement in pieces that are already outstanding, OR always works to make its products better – not simply new and different.
For Fall 2015, Outdoor Research introduces 83 new and updated styles in technical apparel, technical sportswear, gloves and hats. The following major themes drove innovation across the Fall 2015 product line:
- Insulation Revolution: Athletes, consumers and retailers tell us that rather than a ‘quiver of one,’ they want insulation options tailored to different situations. For Fall 2105, Outdoor Research offers 12 new insulated men’s and women’s styles, including layers blending down and synthetic insulation and ones in the emerging category of Active Insulation.
- Hybrid Mapping – OR continues to pioneer use of hybrid-mapping, placing different fabrics and materials in different parts of apparel to optimize performance. The Diode Hooded Jacket accomplishes that with two different types of insulation, as well as different exterior fabrics.
- Latest Technologies – From Polartec Alpha insulation in the new Uberlayer Hooded Jacket, an Active Insulation jacket, to Gore-Tex C-knit in the newest redesign of the popular Furio Jacket and Pant, Outdoor Research is always on the cusp with the most innovative technology.
- RDS Standard – Outdoor Research will adhere to the new Responsible Down Standard for Fall 2015, ensuring that feathers are sourced from responsibly treated animals.
- Touch-Screen Innovation – Along with a number of new category leading ski- and climbing-specific glove offerings, OR expands its touch-screen compatible Sensor glove line with 11 new styles. The resulting collection offers 38 total styles with touch-screen compatibility, along with best-in-class construction, fit, warmth and dexterity.
- Everyday Classics in Mountain Life– Outdoor Research continues to expand and innovate with its Mountain Life collection, men’s and women’s sportswear that has outstanding lifestyle-driven silhouettes without advertising its underlying technical performance – pieces that truly do it all. And thus, pieces that become the ones you’ll choose to wear time and again.
- Technical Hat Design in Classic Style – From modern, technical designs using classic materials like boiled wool to unique, all-day Mountain Life styles, OR stands out in the hat category by using the most cutting-edge materials, best executions of new technologies, unique features, and simply great-looking designs. For Fall 15, we offer 33 new styles in a line of 100-plus.
“Every season, it’s a given that the technology available to build superb outdoor gear gets better and better. But the challenge isn’t to simply incorporate the latest technology so you can say you offer it. It’s to incorporate the best technology in new ways that actually make Outdoor Research gear work better for our customers,” said Dan Nordstrom, CEO of Outdoor Research. “Having ‘Improve Every Day’ as one of our brand pillars helps us keep our focus on the ways technology can actually make a difference in your experience outdoors. The best gear makes your time in the outdoors more fun. We think the Fall 2015 line really reflects that value.”
To see the Fall 2015 collection, visit Outdoor Research at booth 26027 at the upcoming Outdoor Retailer Show in Salt Lake City, Jan. 21-24.
About Outdoor Research
Outdoor Research® is Designed by Adventure®. We provide Innovation and Inspiration for the Relentless Adventurer. Based in Seattle, Outdoor Research was founded in 1981. We are dedicated to building better outdoor apparel, gloves, hats and an array of other outdoor accessories informed by real-world testing. We develop innovative, functional, bomb-proof products that are beautiful in their simplicity. We strive to provide the best value to our customers, not shareholders. We are committed to our core sports: alpinism, rock and ice climbing, hiking, backpacking, paddling, trail running, and skiing and snowboarding. And we’re having fun along the way.