Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outdoor Industry Association released its 2018 Annual Report.
- OutsidePR hired Kelsey McGrew as new Senior Account Executive. “Kelsey is a driven and passionate industry professional, whose creative mind and leadership training has positioned her as an ideal addition to the OutsidePR family,” said Gordon Wright, president of OutsidePR. “We’re thrilled to utilize her diverse talents to strengthen our offerings to our clients and the industry as a whole.”
- Author and naturalist Doug Peacock will be presenting at The Conservation Alliance Breakfast on Wednesday, June 19th. Alongside Peacock will be John Sterling, executive director of The Conservation Alliance. The event is open to the public and all are welcome!
- YETI announced the opening of its newest location in Charleston, South Carolina.
- The U.S. Energy Department rebranded natural gas as 'molecules of freedom'. “Seventy-five years after liberating Europe from Nazi Germany occupation, the United States is again delivering a form of freedom to the European continent,” the energy secretary said earlier this month, according to EURACTV. “And rather than in the form of young American soldiers, it’s in the form of liquefied natural gas.”
- Nepal is reviewing old laws concerning who is allowed to climb Everest after one of the most deadly seasons in years, culminating in 11 deaths.
- Grassroots Outdoor Alliance will mark 25th anniversary at their upcoming Connect buying show. To commemorate the anniversary, they will be holding special presentations at their member dinner and Education Day.
- After a long process, Boulder’s Cusa Tea raised $2.5 million in Series A funding. Cusa Tea boasts itself as the world’s first premium, organic instant tea company, a claim backed by medals won at the Global Tea Championship versus the best loose leaf and bag competitors in the world.