Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We broke down the Vista Outdoor boycott, with an inside look at the year-long feud and what we can learn from it.
- HBO and Teton Gravity Research just announced LINDSEY VONN: THE FINAL SEASON, a look at the iconic skier's life leading up to her last competitive season. It debuts Nov. 26. Directors Steve and Todd Jones said, “Working with Peter Nelson, Rick Bernstein, and the HBO Sports team has been a longtime goal of Teton Gravity Research."
- Attention Utahans: Utah is surveying the public on what objectives should be included in the Governor's Office of Economic Development strategic plan for its outdoor recreation office.
- Big Agnes launched its Continental Trail Divide (CDT) trail guide, a comprehensive look into the Colorado section of the CDT meant to inspire others to get out for a day, night, or even a couple of days, and explore.
- Nineteen burglaries of cabins have been reported in the mountain areas of Jefferson County, Colorado, since the beginning of this year. There are currently no suspects, and police are advising cabin owners to lock doors and keep porch lights on after dark.
- The proposed Restore Our Parks Act would set aside up to $1.3 billion for national park maintenance each year until 2023, and the oil and gas industry is in full support. The money, which will be taken from unallocated federal revenues from oil, gas, coal, and renewable energy development on federal lands, will be paid every year until the 2023 fiscal year. Emily Douce, director of operations and park funding at the National Parks Conservation Association, said that the legislation shouldn’t be seen as a reason to support oil drilling on federal lands, though. “It’s not to incentivize oil and gas development, it’s to take existing royalties and put it back into public lands to address their maintenance needs.”
- A Denver man was struck and killed by lightning on Sunday on Bear Peak, one of Boulder's most popular hikes. His wife was injured. This marks the eighth death by lightning in the U.S. this year.
- Tentree received Apparel Magazine's Top Innovator Award for 2019. The environmentally-conscious company has been setting the standard in innovative, eco-friendly apparel since 2012 and has planted over 30 million trees to date.
- Carnival Corporation's German branch AIDA Cruises released its latest sustainability report in its path toward 'emission-neutral cruising'. The cruise line hopes to be able to run completely on low-emission liquefied natural gas (LNG) or, in a port, can utilize green shore power by 2023.