Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Big Agnes recently announced an expansion of its international sales and distribution in Europe. Those actions include hiring new sales personnel in Europe and expanding its marketing efforts to help drive sell-through and increase global brand awareness.
- Mountain Khakis announced that Debi Little, of the Integrity Sales Agency, joined Team Mountain Khakis as the sales representative for the Northwest territory, including Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and Alaska.
- Free-soloist Austin Howell died last week in a fall off Shortoff Mountain in Linville Gorge, North Carolina. The climber originally caught the nation's attention when he climbed "Dopey Duck"unencumbered by gear or clothing—with the exception of his signature hat.
- Sherrill, one of the largest tree climbing equipment distributors, acquired Maine-based Sterling Rope Co. “We have such high respect for the Sterling brand and products. We are 100 percent committed to grow, build and invest further in Sterling in the coming years at their Biddeford, Maine facility, and continue to innovate in this important category,” said Tripp Wyckoff, Sherrill’s CEO and president.
- ElevenPine surpassed its Kickstarter funding goal within minutes of launching the campaign for their Dual-Fit Multisport Shorts, and with a month still to go the numbers just keep rising.
- Getting outside and being active is crucial for a long, healthy life, and some cities are better at getting their citizens' blood pumping than others. Check out WalletHub's list of best and worst cities for recreating to see where your city ranks
- HeiQ was awarded the 2019 Swiss Environmental Award for their HeiQ Clean Tech dyeing process. Clean Tech reduces a textile mill’s water consumption by 30% and allows for 30-50% faster dyeing time for polyester fabrics, and has already been implemented in 18 countries and regions in Europe, Asia and Latin America.