Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at email@example.com.
- NEMO Equipment and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) have issued a recall for about 7,500 Stargaze Recliner camp chairs—Recliner, Recliner Low, and Recliner Luxury—because the plastic joint supports can break, posing a fall hazard.
- Wildfire updates: Yosemite National Park's entrances remain closed indefinitely as firefighters battle the Ferguson Fire, which has already burned more than 90,000 acres. And at Grand Canyon National Park, rangers closed trails due to a fire on the North Rim.
- Logging miles: Big Agnes, Honey Stinger, and BAP employees are halfway through their relay hike along the 740 miles of the Continental Divide Trail through Colorado, and they've been through a lot—wildfire restrictions, enthusiasm from other hikers, emotional toil, and other momentous experiences.
- For those of you who looked forward to the naked climbers calendar, sorry, this year will be its last. Dean "Bullwinkle" Fidelman is calling it quits on the Stone Nudes calendar.
- Gear for good: Hydro Flask gave nearly $80,000 to The Conservation Alliance—100 percent of sales from the annual Garage Sale in Bend, Oregon, hometown for both the company and the organization. “We will put those funds to good use in our efforts to protect and defend wild lands and waters throughout North America for their recreation and habitat values," said John Sterling, Executive Director of The Conservation Alliance.
- We have beer news for those in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana: Rainer Brewing is releasing the Rainier PCT IPA this month in celebration of the 50 years of the Pacific Crest Trail. A donation of proceeds from each case directly benefits the Pacific Crest Trail Association.
- Columbia Sportswear appointed Chris Adamek as vice president, chief of staff for the Columbia brand. He brings more than 20 years of management consulting experience to the company.
- Salomon appointed 25-year outdoor industry veteran Robert Lazzaroni as nordic regional commercial manager for the Americas, effective August 27. He was most recently the nordic domestic program director for U.S. Ski & Snowboard, and now will direct Salomon’s nordic business in the United States, Canada and Latin America.
- OnX welcomed Laura Orvidas as the new CEO. The company is the industry leader in digital mapping, creating products designed to help hunters and outdoor adventurers navigate terrain, public and private land boundaries and ultimately, as the company tagline states, to “Know Where You Stand. Orvidas joins the company after a 19-year career at e-commerce giant Amazon.
- Eagle Creek announced a new partnership with Adams Outdoor Sales as representatives for the Great Lakes East territory, including Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky.