Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the midst of the Camp Fire last month, the outdoor industry rallied to support 13 Klean Kanteen employees who lost their homes in Northern California. A GoFundMe campaign raised more than $160,000 to date. On Giving Tuesday, an additional $110,000 was raised for fire victims from the sale of a limited-edition Klean Kanteen “Butte Strong” bottle. And KEEN committed $22,000 in matching donation grants during the campaign. “We are overwhelmed with gratitude from the outpouring of support,” said Jim Osgood, CEO of Klean Kanteen. “We have well surpassed our fundraising goal for our 13 employees who lost homes, so the additional funds will all be funneled to the United Way Camp Fire Relief Fund to help others in our community. We thank everyone who has donated time, money and gear to help our employees and our community get back on their feet.”
- The American Alpine Club wants to hear your story for the 2019 Guidebook to Membership. The organization is trying something new this year by giving members the chance to pitch what they'd like to write about (or want see written about) by Jan. 1. If your idea is picked, you could receive a $100 Patagonia giftcard. Apply here.
- Congrats to our friends at Brew Dr. Kombucha! They just became a Certified B-Corp and the first nationally distributed kombucha brand to meet the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility, accountability and transparency.
- And kudos to Jessica Wahl, Outdoor Industry Association's former recreation policy manager in Washington D.C. She was just appointed as executive director of the Outdoor Recreation Roundtable, a coalition of outdoor trade associations and organizations working to promote the policy reforms needed to enhance the outdoor recreation economy.
- Camber Outdoors just released the 2019 Leadership Webinar Series schedule, with webinars taking place on the third Thursday of each month at 12 p.m. Mountain Time. The first few topics are Building Your Personal Development Plan; Self-Awareness, Presence, and EQ; and Fundamentals of Team Management. Register here.
- For the second year, Darn Tough has donated 100 percent of their profits from online sales on Giving Tuesday to the Vermont Foodbank.
- Teton Gravity Research's movie Andy Irons: Kissed By God—about bipolar disorder and opioid addiction as seen through the life of the surf-world icon—recently won Best Documentary of 2018 by Surfer Magazine.
- Nantahala-Pisgah Forest Partnership (NPFP), a Western North Carolina-based alliance of diverse stakeholders, has teamed up with neighboring boutique agency Darby Communications.
- And lastly, this parody of 'Free Solo' has us chuckling.