Giveaways, sweepstakes, and complimentary tune-ups highlight the company’s new campaign, encouraging more people to get on bikes
SAN FRANCISCO (May 3, 2016) - Timbuk2 is inspiring everyone to celebrate life on a bike beginning this month for National Bike Month. From exclusive giveaways to sweepstakes to an insider look into Timbuk2’s daily rides and participation in San Francisco’s 22nd annual Bike to Work Day (May 12), the brand is taking the opportunity to kick-start a series of initiatives that will roll over into June, making it easier than ever to experience the joys of a two-wheeled life.
The spirit of cycling is core to Timbuk2’s culture and product, and while they celebrate cycling every day, they’re fostering even more ways to spread the bike commuting love this month through June and beyond. Check out the ways they’ll be setting your wheels in motion:
- Lead the Way with Faraday: Lucky winners will come away with a Faraday e-bicycle and starter commuter kit. A spanking new e-bike will make it easier than ever for anyone to get up and ride.
- Timbuk2 Bares It All: Timbuk2 is bringing a whole new meaning to “taking a walk in someone else’s shoes.” Throughout the month, commuting Timbuk2 staffers will don GoPros for their daily rides to work, putting you at center stage as they twist and turn through city life, even showing you what they wear to ride and giving personal testimonials on why they think life is better on a bike. Be sure to catch them all on Timbuk2’s social channels.
- Ride the #BETTERONABIKE Wave: Throughout the month, “check-in” online at any of the Timbuk2 retail store locations and let your friends and followers know why life is #betteronabike for free swag and the potential to be featured on Timbuk2’s Instagram page. No motor vehicle can offer endorphins, swag, and the possibility of Insta-fame.
- Timbuk2 Has Your Rear (Rack): Timbuk2 is offering a complimentary Planet Bike rear rack with purchase of a pannier. This will up-the-ante on your typical shopping in all Timbuk2 stores on Saturdays throughout June, and for online shoppers one-week only.
- Turn Out and Tune Up: On Sundays through June, to go with your new rear rack, Timbuk2 retail locations will offer free tune-ups and rack installations so you’re ready to ride at a moment’s notice. Put your bike in good hands and they’ll send you off on good wheels.
“Bike to Work Day is an everyday reality and a constant passion for Timbuk2, and we are thrilled to lead the movement of empowering more people to experience what we do on our daily bike commutes,” said CEO Patti Cazzato. “Economic, environmentally-friendly, and good for your health, it’s our preferred mode of transportation.”
This is just a taste of the ongoing bike-centric initiatives from Timbuk2 that make it even easier to join and enjoy a life lived on a bike. For more information about Timbuk2, visit www.timbuk2.com, and be sure to share why life is #betteronabike.
Timbuk2 is a San Francisco original, founded 26 years ago by bike messenger Rob Honeycutt in a garage in the city’s Mission District. Since its inception in 1989, Timbuk2 has designed quality bags, packs and accessories built to last a lifetime, evolving from the original bike messenger company to a pioneer of made-in-America customization and an industry leader in forward-thinking, sustainable manufacturing. The relentless drive to inspire urban mobility, enable individuality and promote responsibility has propelled Timbuk2 forward as it continues fusing passion and style to create durable, functional products informed by the company’s longstanding cycling roots and today’s vibrant city landscape. Timbuk2 products are sold at its retail stores in San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Chicago, Venice Beach, Toronto, Portland, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Iceland, specialty retailers, and online at www.Timbuk2.com.
MEDIA CONTACT - MADE PR - Defne Crowe - email@example.com