Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at email@example.com.
- Zero-waste news: Delivery Dudes is partnering with 4Ocean—amember of the Plastic Impact Alliance—to help reduce the amount of single-use plastics included in delivery orders. Beginning this week, any customer who places an order will be presented the option to op out of receiving plastic cutlery. More than 150 brands have joined The Alliance along with 4Ocean to make Outdoor Retailer more sustainable by nixing single-use plastic, including cutlery. Join the effort today.
- The National Parks Conservation Association released a report with findings about how 96 percent of the 417 National Parks are suffering from significant air pollution issues.
- Hipcamp, the site connecting campers to campsites in the U.S., just released its new app for iOS. Now, users scan community-sourced information, photos, and reviews spanning more than 300,000 campsites while they're on the road. Download it here.
- Emerald Expositions', parent of Outdoor Retailer, first quarter numbers aren't so hot. The company's net income decreased 30.4 percent in the quarter that ended March 31 on a 3.4 percent decline in revenues.
- Eddie Bauer could pay up to $9.8 million for a 2016 data breach. The company has agreed to a settlement with Iowa financial institution Veridian Credit Union to dispense with a class action lawsuit.
- Eagle Creek has chosen Clear Creek Reps as 2018 Rep Agency of the Year. The group directs sales in the Rocky Mountain region and also represents outdoor brands, Garmont, Topo athletic, EcoVessel, GoLite, Primius/Brunton, Aloe Gator Sunscreen, Kate’s Real Food, and Unsinkable Polarized.
- Alex Honnold has joined the board of El Cap, parent company of Planet Granite and Earth Treks. Honnold will make several appearances at El Cap events across the country starting at the end of May.
- CamelBak has selected OutsidePR as its public relations agency of record. OutsidePR will manage CamelBak’s public relations and communications strategy in North America.
- Fjällräven promoted has promoted Nathan Dopp to global vice president of parent company Fenix Outdoor International AG and welcomes consumer-products veteran Jean-Marie Shields as vice president of brand experience.