Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- NPD holiday predictions: Matt Powell, Vice President, Senior Industry Advisor, Sports, says "I am predicting a challenged holiday season for sports retail, though I hope I’m wrong. The lack of truly “hot” items is a void that will put pressure on the athletic footwear and activewear markets, and I expect that both environments will be extremely promotional. On the other hand, I anticipate we’ll see a merrier performance stemming from smaller brands in the space, as well as from some of the outdoor and sports equipment categories." Read more here.
- Acquisition: Emerald Expositions Events, Outdoor Retailer's parent company, announced the acquisition of G3 Communications, producers of the B2B Marketing Exchange event series and a top innovator in custom content and lead generation services.
- More about Emerald: The trade show owner reported a loss of $19.7 million in the third quarter as sales slumped 26.7 percent.
- A big happy birthday: Jones Snowboards is 10 years old and to celebrate, the brand created a commemorative website with videos, a timeline, and stories.
- Big climbing news: El Cap, the largest operator of indoor climbing gyms in the US, announced the acquisition of Movement Climbing + Fitness, home to some of the world’s best climbers.
- KAVU does Germany: The brand that stands for Klear Above Visibility Unlimited just signed on with distributor Bizness Enabler GmbH to bring the full line to Germany and Austria for Spring 2020, according to an emailed press release.
- Danner opened its sixth and newest store location on Wednesday in downtown Seattle. There's a party at the shop at 1524 First Ave. this Saturday, according to an emailed press release.
- Mystery Ranch has retained a new sales agency, Dunkin-Lewis, Inc. based in Vestavia Hills, Alabama. Dunkin-Lewis will represent its Hunting and Mountain lines in ND, SD, MN, Wl, lL, NE, lA, MO, and the Upper Peninsula of Ml, according to an emailed press release.
- VOORMI is opening its second company-owned retail store in Bozeman, Montana this Friday. The new location follows the model of the headquarters in Pagosa Springs, Colorado.
- Hula, a coworking, conference, and events campus on the shores of Lake Champlain, is partnering with Pale Morning Media for public relations and strategic communications to support its 2020 launch.