Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Emerald Expositions, parent company of Outdoor Retailer, is on the hunt for a new CEO. Longtime CEO and president, David Loechner, who has been with Emerald in various roles for some 35 years, announced his resignation on Nov. 1.
- Bight Gear has announced the official winners of Project Vertical: Nate Dodge, Amanda Gehrich, Bennett Fisher, and Sarah Lee. The winners will join Bight Gear on an all-expenses-paid, four-day Mount Rainier expedition in July 2019 to field test Bight Gear prototypes.
- Ever since Dick's Sporting Goods decided to stop selling assault-style rifles, sales have suffered.
- Chris Winter is joining the Access Fund as the new executive director, after Brady Robinson stepped down earlier this year.
And lastly, it's awards season! Here's a recap of what brands have been recognized.
- BioLite's FirePit won Popular Science's 2018 Best of What’s New Award in the recreation category.
- DPS Phantom recently earned two major innovation-related distinctions: Best of What’s New from Popular Science and the Outdoor Retailer Innovation Award.
- Kokopelli's Packraft took home a Gear of the Year Award from Men's Journal.
- Petzl's all-new ERGONOMIC ice tool also won a Gear of the Year Award from Men’s Journal.
- RovR Products RollR 60 also won a Gear of the Year Award from Men's Journal.
- Terramar Sports is the 2018 drirelease Innovation Award Winner by Optimer Brands, the parent company of drirelease, for breaking new ground with a base layer system.
- Thermacell Repellents Inc.'s Radius® Zone Mosquito Repellent earned Popular Science's Grand Award in the recreation category of Best of What’s New 2018.