Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Going to Outdoor Retailer Snow Show? Connect with us and grab a copy of The Voice at our booth and launch parties.
- Bye-bye plastic: European Union member states agreed last week to do away with plastic cutlery, plastic plates, plastic straws, and other plastic products by 2021. The objective? To protect the environment and reduce marine litter.
- KAVU is bringing its wacky prints to Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and the Benelux region. The brand just inked distribution deals in the UK and Scandinavia, and will be heading to ISPO the first week of February to do more business.
- Mammut is opening a new regional sales and marketing office in the RiNo neighborhood of Denver, Colorado, in February 2019. Interim Managing Director Kris Kuster will continue to lead the North American Sales & Marketing endeavors and be based out of the Denver office.He has been supporting the North American team on an interim basis since October 2018, joining from the Swiss Mammut office where he served for as managing director, Switzerland.
- Hilaree Nelson and Jim Morrison, two of the world’s most elite ski mountaineers, have joined Blizzard/Tecnica's global athlete team. Last September, the duo skied with the brand's Zero G product line during their historic first descent (7,000 vertical feet) of the world's fourth tallest mountain Lhotse, located near Mount Everest in Nepal’s Himalayas.
- Big mountain skier Cody Townsend is on a mission to ski every line documented in Fifty Classic Ski Descents of North America. He started last week.
- The Outbound Collective adventure camp series, Pursuit Series, is on a mission to create outdoors communities fueled by passionate, invested individuals and brands, and has strategically aligned with Run 4 All Women for the 2019 series.
- Backbone Media is kicking off the new year with a slate of new clients: The Breckenridge Tourism Office, the Canadian Ski Council, Gunner Kennels, and eqpd.
- Raleigh Bicycles has named Hayter Communications as its public relations agency of record to oversee media relations and market activations throughout the U.S.
- And lastly, stop wasting 30-plus minutes scrolling for the right Friday-night movie. Gear Junkie curated a list of the best outdoor documentaries on Amazon Prime right now.