Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at email@example.com
- During Outdoor Retailer Summer Market, we'll be publishing a roundup of news blurbs called "What You Missed," so you can stay informed of all the show floor happenings for each day. Plus, sign up for our exclusive Live from OR newsletter for more.
- On Wednesday from 4 to 6 p.m., Oboz is honoring its founder John Connelly, who is retiring after Outdoor Retailer. Join him at Booth 54081-UL to toast and send him off in style.
- The Outdoor Industry Association commented on Trump's proposed tariffs with Mexico. “This administration’s continued efforts to utilize our nation’s trade laws to force action by our foreign partners is nonsensical and places more and more burdens on American companies and consumers," said Patricia Rojas-Ungar, Outdoor Industry Association’s Vice President of Government Affairs. Read her full comment here.
- Specialty retailer evo is creating a new campus in Salt Lake City. "The goal is for it to be comprised of 'like-passioned' businesses with a similar ethos," said Tommy Trause, evo's head of hospitality, community marketing and ecosystem development.
- YETI opened a brand store in Charleston. The brick-and-mortar site is part of its immersive expansion plan.
- Origin, a Whistler, Canada-based outdoor sport and tourism-focused creative, content, and strategic marketing agency, opened its first U.S. subsidiary in Vermont as part of its expansion.
- Blizzard Tecnica USA promoted Justin Heanue to national sales manager. He will report directly to President Sam Cook and will drive continued sales success by working closely with specialty retailers, the Blizzard Tecnica sales force, and the in-house team.
- Appalachian Gear Company partnered with fellow North Carolina-based business Darby Communications, now its communications agency of record.
- Purist, a stainless steel bottle maker, has hired Mountain Source and Yukon Trading Company to represent the brand as sales agencies as the company continues to expand its footprint across the United States.