Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at email@example.com.
- Released only two days ago, GQ's video of Alex Honnold explaining Hollywood climbing scenes has more than 600,000 views. Not only is Honnold informative, watching his commentary on other people climbing is extremely entertaining.
- Colorado's Arapahoe Basin has pulled out of the Epic Pass. The big question that looms is whether or not A-Basin will join forces with other Colorado resorts to create a local pass or stand alone. In light of the move, Vail Resorts replaced the Keystone/A-Basin pass with a Keystone-only pass with unlimited holiday-restricted skiing and unlimited late-season days at Breckenridge after April 1.
- An ethics watchdog wants the U.S. Office of Government Ethics to open an investigation into the nomination for Interior secretary. Campaign for Accountability is suspicious of David Bernhardt's relationship with a California water district—one of his former clients.
- From Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list, Retail Info Systems broke down the five top retailers. Patagonia ranked fifth and REI came in second place.
- More than 32 percent of males shopped online in 2018, while 27.3 percent of females found themselves buying things from the internet. This data and more is available in Snowsports Industries America's US Snow Industry Retail Market Report.
- Good Morning America is sharing a sweet story of a 103-year-old woman who recently became a Grand Canyon National Park junior park ranger. She first visited the park 34 years ago. "My parents taught me to care for the land but not all kids have that," she said.
- As the popularity of cacti soars, thieves are stealing saguaros and other desert plants from public lands across the southwest. In a story written by SNEWS contributor Annette McGivney, here's what National Park Service rangers are doing in an effort to stop the theft and catch the offenders.
- Kelty recently named Russ Rowell senior vice president and general manager, and Vincent Mares senior creative director, overseeing Kelty product design and visual direction.
- Elan Skis, the Slovenian-based legacy supplier of handcrafted skis, appointed Jeff Mechura as the new President/CEO of Elan Sports USA, an independent subsidiary of Elan d.o.o.
- And lastly, Indiana finally has its own national park. It's called the Indiana Dunes National Park.