Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at email@example.com
- The Outdoor Business Climate Partnership (OBCP)—comprised of the Outdoor Industry Association, Snowsports Industries America and the National Ski Areas Association—will be joining Ceres on Capitol Hill to bring the influential business voices within the outdoor industry directly to lawmakers on both sides of the climate change argument.
- OIA announced its incoming board members, including Eric Artz, of REI; Frazier Blair, of The Orvis Company; Cam Brensinger, of NEMO Equipment; Shawn Gorman, of L.L.Bean; and Layne M. Rigney, of Osprey Packs.
- Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2019 will see the celebration of Dick Kelty’s 100th birthday, complete with a limited-edition Kelty Pack in Classic Green. All proceeds will go to Kelty’s long-time supporter, Sierra Club Outdoors.
- Slovenian climber Janja Garnbret just won her fifth consecutive World Cup, maintaining her perfect record.
- VIVOBAREFOOT launched one of the world's first plant-based performance shoe, the Primus Lite II Bio. Made from yellow dent field corn, natural rubber and harvested algae called Bloom, this running shoe is designed with over 30 percent renewable plant-based materials.
- Jim Fowler, former host of Mutual of Omaha’s "Wild Kingdom," has died at the age of 89.
- Glamping experts at Under Canvas are offering you the chance to "pay what you can" for a vacation with them this summer. Sarah Dusek, co-founder and CEO of Under Canvas, feels that “being outside, enjoying nature, traveling should not be a privilege...It really is a necessity, a human need which actually makes us all better human beings." When she heard that more than one in four Americans are skipping out on vacations this year because they can’t afford it, she knew she had to do something.
- Renowned athlete Rebecca Rusch became the first to ride the entirety of Arkansas’ new High Country Route bicycle trail.
- Andrew Day has been named as Sierra Designs Vice President & General Manager.