Sweaters, fine-gauge knitwear, cover-ups, and woven shirts and pants debut for Fall/Winter 2014
Wellington, New Zealand (January 2014) – Icebreaker has created the ideal Fall/Winter 2014 travel and lifestyle wardrobe with its new sweaters, luxury fine-gauge knitwear, and woven shirts and pants.
The New Zealand-based merino specialist greatly expands its collection this season to boost the Icebreaker top-to-toe lightweight layering system.
New travel and lifestyle garments include:
- Four additions to the Black Sheep range of premium fine-gauge knitwear. The Aura LS Turtleneck and the Aura Cardigan for women and the Spire LS Crewe and Spire Cardigan for men are made from new chunky-weight fabric, which is warm but lightweight. Special features include Fair Isle at the yoke of the Aura LS Turtleneck, the stylish exaggerated collar on the Aura Cardigan, and the contrast colour at the cuffs of the men’s styles.
- New travel and lifestyle sweaters. The Escape Ls Crewe and Escape Hood for men have a bold colorblock print. The women’s Boreal Cowl features a flattering cowl neckline, while the Boreal LS Half Zip has eyelet side panels and an asymmetric zip neck collar.
- Alpine sweaters. The Chateau LS Half Zip for women has an asymmetric zip neck collar and a contrast sleeve stripe, and the men’s Tundra LS Half Zip has sleeve and collar panels in contrast colours.
- Woven shirts and pants. Building on the success of its woven short-sleeve shirts in Fall/Winter 2013, Icebreaker is launching the men’s plaid Lodge LS Shirt, made from 100% merino woven flannel. The Laurel Pants for women and the Field Pants for men are sturdy travel and outdoor pants in a canvas weave, constructed from 70% merino and 30% nylon. Also new for women, the Vista Bootleg Pants are in a twill weave and made from a 67% merino/33% organic cotton blend.
- Dress and skirt. Icebreaker’s dresses have been among its most popular launches in recent years, and joining the collection this season is the Iris LS Dress. In soft jersey fabric, this beautiful dress has a wide cowl neckline and a dropped blouson waist. The Chateau Skirt is made from eyelet fabric for added texture, with quilted detailing.
Icebreaker’s stunning new travel and lifestyle layers offer something for everyone, says Rob Achten, Creative Director and Vice President of Product.
“Our new premium merino layers regulate heat to keep the body at its ideal temperature. They’re so thin and light that they take up next to no room in a bag or backpack, which makes them perfect for travel,” he says.
Icebreaker merino clothing for the outdoors, technical sports and lifestyle includes underwear, mid layer garments, outerwear, socks and accessories for men, women and children. Icebreaker is based in Wellington, New Zealand, and is sold in more than 3000 stores in 44 countries. See icebreaker.com for more information about Icebreaker, and jeremymoon.me for more information on Icebreaker founder and CEO Jeremy Moon.