- Mountainsmith in Golden, Colo., recently announced the promotion of Jeremy Dodge as the company’s new digital marketing manager. Dodge, who has been with the company since 2012, brings nearly a decade of marketing experience, a vast understanding of the brand and an adventurous spirit to his new role within the business. Dodge will oversee the company website and content management, Mountainsmith’s Forged for Life blog, all social media outlets, e-mail marketing, online advertising, print ad coordination, distribution of digital assets to retailers, creative development and act as liaison to Groundswell PR, the company’s public relations agency.
- 2XU (Two Times You), in Carlsbad, Calif., which specializes in sports apparel and compression, has hired former tennis professionalRandy Becker to head sales operations in the tennis and golf markets in the U.S. Becker brings years of proven sales and marketing experience to assist 2XU expanding distribution of its best-in-class compression apparel to two sports where athletes are widely adopting compression wear for performance and recovery enhancement.
- Nemo Equipment has brought Donald Stickney on as digital director. In an effort to enhance the consumer experience on Nemo's website, Stickney will be responsible for all aspects of Nemo’s digital presence, including managing and growing e-commerce sales and increasing brand awareness with authentic and compelling content. Before joining Nemo, Stickney was the operations and analytics manager at Puma and prior to that he spent several years as the global e-commerce analyst at Timberland. His experience includes analytics, project management, affiliate management, email and promotional planning, usability, relaunching websites and replatforming.
- G3 Genuine Guide Gear recently hired David Gunther and the Apex Group sales team to represent its sales division in the Pacific Northwest. Gunther brings more than 10 years of experience working in the outdoor industry for Patagonia, Columbia and Cascade Designs to G3’s sales team. Based out of Seattle, Wash., Gunther will handle G3’s new 2014-2015 collection in the states of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Alaska. Originally from New Jersey, Gunther moved out West to pursue his passion for the outdoors. He spends is free time in the Cascade Mountains, skiing, climbing and backpacking and volunteering with the American Alpine Club’s Northwest Chapter.
- Stonewear Designs recently hired Sara Roberts as the new in-house account manager handling Midwestern and Western accounts. Roberts is joining Stonewear Designs and the outdoor industry from the adventure travel industry, bringing extensive sales, group coordination, marketing and operations experience.
Have any new hire or promotion news to share? Email us and we’ll get it in next week’s column.