Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at email@example.com.
- Have you met our new editor? Andrew Weaver joins the SNEWS staff.
- rygr expands staff and client roster: Check out the new clients and faces at rygr.
- Got plans for Night 1? Play outdoor industry trivia with us. Killer prizes and bragging rights are at stake.
- New leadership at 360 Adventure Collective: Debbie Motz is retiring from the eastern rep association she helped build and Stacy Gellert is stepping up to lead the group.
- Get your copy of the most talked about magazine in the industry: Stop by booth #42092-UL at Outdoor Retailer Snow Show to grab your copy of The Voice.
- Come on, Coke! The mega corp refuses to ban single-use plastic bottles, setting a lame example for the rest of the world. [Forbes]
- The three C’s of retail: Jim Thomsen posted a story on Facebook from Harvard Business School that’s generating lots of great conversation about what our industry already knows, that good retail will prevail. The resurgence in independent books stores proves it.
- Smartwool promotes two key players to larger roles: Corey Stecker will be the company’s international general manager and Dariusz Boniecki will be director of sales and marketing for Europe.
- Lean in to climate: Join OIA on Day 2 of Outdoor Retailer Snow Show to learn about the Climate Action Corps, a new program that will enable any brand, manufacturer or supplier — regardless of size or internal resources — to take a real, immediate, proactive and individualized approach to shrinking its own greenhouse gas footprint.
- Tragedy in Rocky Mountain National Park: Two people were found dead in the park on Friday. [Denver Post]
- Greta gospel: It’s really pretty simple when you listen to Greta.