Hundreds Will Attend Navy Pier Conference and Trade Show to Learn
About Women’s Active Market, June 29 to July 1, 2015, Chicago
CHICAGO, May 13, 2015 – Chicago is a great runner’s city. Just witness the hundreds, perhaps thousands training along the Chicago lakefront each day. Starting June 29, the estimated 400 retailers attending the second annual The Running & Fitness Event For Women (TRFEW) at Navy Pier, will be exercising their minds as well as body.
“Our goal through this conference and trade show is to help the retail community learn how to effectively purchase, merchandise, staff and promote their stores,” said Beth Gordon, show director. “What they learn here will help them achieve greater profitability for years to come.”
Featured speakers include:
- “The Future of Shopping” is the theme for presentations by Sarah Van Elzen and Tom Flieri of Hanson Dodge Creative based in Milwaukee. Topics will include digital commerce, public relations, social media, and SEO. (Monday, June 29, noon)
- Libby Gill, former head of communications at Sony, Universal and Turner, will present “Capture The Mindshare and The Market Share Will Follow.” (Monday, June 29, 1 p.m.)
- Erika Napoletano will present “Unconventional Strategies and Tactics for Today’s Business Climate.” She’s author of the book, “The Power of Unpopular.” (Monday, June 29, 3:45 p.m.)
- Breakout sessions on June 29 will feature Caitlin Beg, founder of YoungTri, an online triathlete community; and Sarah Bowen Shea, co-founder and COO of Another Mother Runner, a virtual community of runners who are also mothers.
- Jim Dion and Stefania Pinton, will examine women’s Internet shopping habits in a talk titled, “On the Rise and Online.” Both will explain how stores can respond to women’s new realities and needs and secure their share of heart and wallet. (Tuesday, June 30, 8 to 10 a.m.)
There will also be a breakfast presentation for registered attendees at 7:30 a.m on Wednesday, July 1 at Navy Pier with She Runs Retail, a grassroots organization that supports, empowers and mentors female owners, managers and leaders in the specialty running and fitness retail industry.
The She Runs Retail roundtable discussion will consist of small table discussions moderated by women in the industry. Attendees will spend 15 to 20 minutes at each table discussing one subject, then move on to another topic of her choice. During the hour, each woman will have the time to choose three discussions and network after they have rotated three times. The group was founded at the inaugural TRFEW conference and trade show in 2014.
The trade show portion of TRFEW features over 130 running and fitness industry product manufacturers and services.
Running USA, the leading road race organization in the country, will hold a two-day seminar for race directors at the DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago – Magnificent Mile on June 28 to 29. Topics include the growth of theme runs and attracting a new generation of race participants. Strategically timed and located two blocks from Navy Pier, registered attendees can purchase a pass for $75 to attend the TRFEW conference and trade show. For more information: www.runningusa.org/running-usa-conference
Retailer registration is available at www.therunningandfitnesseventforwomen.com; retailers with questions about attending should contact Mark Sullivan at email@example.com, or Christina Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Limited exhibitor space is still available, and any brand with questions about exhibiting should contact Beth Gordon at email@example.com, or 949 293 1378.
Editor's note: Media interested in covering the event must pre-register by contacting Jeff Blumenfeld, director of communications, firstname.lastname@example.org, 203 655 1600.
# # #