THE RUNNING EVENT PLANS ORLANDO TRADE SHOW, EDUCATIONAL
SEMINARS, AND 5K RUN THROUGH EPCOT
Nov. 29 – Dec. 2, 2016
GREAT NECK, N.Y. (Aug. 11, 2016) – The Running Event® (TRE), North America’s largest running specialty conference and trade show, will take place Nov. 29 to Dec. 2, 2016, at the Orange County (Fla.) Convention Center and will feature an expanded educational program. Conference sessions will run the gamut, ranging from the TRE Master Class for experienced run store owners, to the TRE Training Camp for store associates and employees to learn the finer points of the business.
This year's TRE will take place in Orlando, a one-time change of venue due to a scheduling conflict at the Austin (Tex.) Convention Center, and event organizers plan to take full advantage of being in one of America's top tourist destinations. The Indie 5k road race will run through Disney World EPCOT® Center on Thursday, December 1, 2016. And later that night The 50 Best Running Store Awards will take place at Disney's World ShowPlace Pavilion, followed by a fireworks display.
Retail registration is now available by logging onto TheRunningEvent.com. Early bird discounts continue through Sept. 16, 2016.
- Trade Show – More than 250+ exhibitors and 900-plus retailers from the U.S., Canada and Europe will convene at the modern and convenient Orange County Convention Center on International Drive in Orlando, connected by a sky bridge to the Hyatt Regency Orlando, the official show hotel. It will host the entire running industry under one roof. Trade show hours: Nov. 30 from 4 to 8 p.m.; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Dec. 1; and 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Dec. 2, 2016. Exhibitors include platinum sponsors ASICS, Balega, Competitor, Mizuno, New Balance, Nike and Saucony.
The conference features:
- TRE Training Camp – Insightful advice for store managers and staffers, led by Tom Griffen, a former running store owner who is now a retail consultant.
- TRE Master Class – A half-day event for owners of larger stores, moderated by Jim Dion, author of the best-sellers, “Retail Selling Ain’t Brain Surgery, It’s Twice As Hard,” “Start and Run a Retail Business,” and “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Starting and Running a Retail Store.”
- Guest Speakers – Including David Meerman Scott presenting, “The New Rules of Marketing and PR.” Scott is the author of “Marketing Lessons from the Grateful Dead.”
- Indie 5K – This year, the Indie 5K course will wind through EPCOT on Thursday, December 1, 2016. Experience EPCOT as few get to see it with an early morning run through the theme park before it opens to the public. A post-run expo for retailers in the race will provide a look at new products to consider for their stores. (therunningevent.com/indie5k)
New for 2017 is the Sportstyle conference and trade show, June 14-16, 2017, including the IRRA Style Summit (IRRA members only), and a consumer expo on June 16, at the Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) Convention Center. For more information about how to participate, contact Jeff Nott, email@example.com, 516 305 4711, www.sportstyleshow.com
Media on assignment can pre-register in advance by contacting Jeff Blumenfeld, Director of Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Formula4 Media, based in Great Neck, N.Y., established in 2005, also produces nine publications: Running Insight, Footwear Insight, Sports Insight, Outdoor Insight, Team Insight, Textile Insight, Trend Insight, Inside Insight, and Sportstyle.
# # #