San Francisco, CA (May 2, 2016) — Peak Design, one of most innovative and disruptive camera accessory and carrying brands of recent years, is proud to unveil The Everyday Messenger 13TM. The new compact bag will deliver the same award-winning design and functionality as the original Everyday Messenger, but scaled down to fit smaller loads (13-inch laptop, mirrorless camera kits) and smaller body frames.
The original Everyday Messenger (now called The Everyday Messenger 15) leapt into instant fame when unveiled on Kickstarter in mid-2015, garnering nearly five million dollars in grassroots funding and breaking records as the largest and most popular bag project in crowdfunding history. The bag went on receive rave critical reviews from across the industry and won top awards from Men’s Journal, Popular Photography, and National Geographic.
“The response to the original Everyday Messenger Bag was unprecedented,” commented Peak Design Founder and President Peter Dering, “To say fans loved it is an understatement. But we also knew that a smaller version would be well received by mirrorless camera enthusiasts and anyone of smaller stature. We’re very excited to offer a 13-inch version.”
The original Everyday Messenger was designed as a complete overhaul of the classic messenger bag that meets the demands of not just photographers, but travelers, commuters and the creative class. The result of over a year of development and close collaboration with international photographer Trey Ratcliff, The Everyday Messenger delivers universal appeal;; designed for the demands of a photographer and delivered in an original format that maximizes capacity and versatility in a clean, classic aesthetic.
Key Product Specs
The Everyday Messenger 13 (new) 6L-14L expanding capacity
1.2kg (42oz) empty weight
2 FlexFoldTM dividers
Max laptop carry: 13” Macbook (12.8”x9”x1”)
MSRP: $219.95 USD
The Everyday Messenger 15 (original) 8L-18L expanding capacity
1.3kg (47oz) empty weight
3 FlexFoldTM dividers
Max laptop carry: 15” Macbook (14.5"x10"x1") MSRP: $249.95 USD
Beautiful, intelligent and adaptable, The Everyday Messenger 13TM is more than just an innovative camera bag. It’s giant leap for all of bag-kind. Designed for photographers, creatives, travelers, urbanites and everybody in-between.
The Everyday Messenger 13 Characteristics:
- Brand new patent-pending MagLatchTM operates blindly, securely and with 1 hand.
- Origami-inspired FlexFoldTM dividers are made of high-density foam, and fold/flex aroundcamera gear, eliminating dead space found in traditional camera bags.
- Shell expands and contracts without losing shape.
- 2 dedicated Capture clip attachment points for fast exterior camera access.
- Front access panel allows fast external access to smaller accessories.
- Top zip allows latch-less access to main compartment.
- Converts from messenger bag to low-slung shoulder bag.
- Quick adjusting 2-inch padded tubular seatbelt-style strap.
- Removable waist strap for load distribution and stability.
- Optimized for all photography kits, up to a full-frame DSLR with 3 lenses and accessories.
- Equally optimized for everyday carry and use by non-photographers.
- Dedicated 13” laptop pocket with tablet/document sleeve.
- Color-coded internal pocket layout designed around photography workflow.
- 2 side pockets for quick access to water bottles and smartphones.
- Weather resistant waxed shell with high-density padding.
- Premium water resistant exterior zippers.
- Hypalon-reinforced and bar-tacked stress points.
- Lifetime warranty from Peak Design.About Peak DesignPeak Design began as a professional-grade camera accessory brand dedicated to engineering thoughtful solutions to improve the way photographers transport and manage their cameras. Born out of a successful Kickstarter project in 2011, Peak Design has returned to crowdfunding 5 times to bring over 20 innovative, durable products to likeminded photographers and adventurers. The company’s most recent Kickstarter project, the Everyday Messenger Bag, won nearly $5MM in funding, breaking category records and ushering Peak Design into a new product category—bags and packs for everyday carry. The San Francisco based company now designs products not just for photographers, but also travelers, commuters and the creative class. For more information visit peakdesign.com.