Furthering its commitment to highlighting the supply story behind Outdoor Retailer, show organizers will introduce the industry’s first Industrial Design Center at Summer Market 2013, July 31 - August 2 at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The 800 sq. ft. Industrial Design Center will be located within the Design Center (Meeting Room 155: First level, adjacent to Hall 1), previously occupied by the Project OR student design competition. Project OR will continue at Winter Market tradeshows exclusively starting in 2014.
“This industry thrives and profits on the conception and creation of adventure-worthy footwear, backpacks, tents, sleeping bags and thousands of innovative accessories,” said Outdoor Group Vice President and OR Show Director Kenji Haroutunian. “The Industrial Design Center, along with our exceptional partners, will bring to life the latest tools, technologies and best practices of outdoor product design for our show participants - definitely a can’t-miss for this summer’s show.”
Show participants will be able to:
- See and use the latest 2D drawing technologies—even participate in fun sketch competitions
- Create, manipulate, and print 3D models using breakthrough tools from the top vendors
- Discover how crowdsourcing and community-based design drive innovation for outdoor brands
- See and touch the innovative materials that are setting new trends in product design and development
- Prepare for new design talent entering the workforce; learn how to keep in-house designers up to speed
The Industrial Design Center is possible through partnership and support from the co- creation platform MESH01, the Industrial Design Society of America and the online textile resource FabricLink Network.