Auckland, New Zealand-- Icebreaker, the New Zealand brand that pioneered the merino wool category for the outdoor industry, has expanded the Icebreaker Hunting & Fishing Collection for Fall/Winter 2015 with new styles and camouflage patterns that elevate merino innovation, offering the most extensive, high-quality and durable merino layering collection available. In addition to a full range of men’s products, the Hunting & Fishing Collection also offers a full range of products to meet the growing demand from women -- the fastest growing category of hunting and fishing enthusiasts.
The Icebreaker Hunting & Fishing Collection offers a complete merino layering system to control body temperature and cope with rigorous wear regardless of weather conditions and exertion levels. Icebreaker merino is highly insulating and warm when wet, yet breathes to prevent overheating and clamminess, allowing moisture vapor to evaporate before it becomes sweat - staying dry even during high aerobic activity. Icebreaker merino has no added chemicals and is also naturally odor-resistant, which means it doesn’t retain odor after multiple days in the field, allowing the wearer to go longer with less clothing.
Updated for Fall/Winter 2015 is the IKA active base layer line, featuring 100% merino wool tops and bottoms to keep the cold out for day-long excursions. Made from ultra-soft 200gm Midweight Merino, the products are lightweight, naturally odor resistant, breathable and available in RealTree Xtra & Max-1 camouflage patterns.
Also this fall, the Icebreaker MerinoLOFT™ products get significant upgrades, including an improvement on Icebreaker’s warmest jacket, made with recycled fabrics. MerinoLOFT jackets are warm when wet, which makes them excel in adverse weather conditions. In addition, a durable woven merino lining next to the skin regulates temperature and breathes to prevent overheating and clamminess.
Icebreaker RealFLEECE ® is another technological breakthrough: a re-engineering of its mid-layer sweaters, hoodies and jackets to be warmer, stronger and lighter, creating the next generation of high performance merino. These next generation RealFLEECE mid layers are comprised of merino wool wrapped around a nylon core. The fabric is then brushed to create millions of extra air pockets, nearly doubling the warmth while keeping garments thin, lightweight low-bulk and taking up very little room in a pack.
Again this season, Icebreaker is partnering with leading camouflage providers RealTree on its comprehensive merino layering collection for the hunting consumer.
Highlights of Icebreaker’s Hunting & Fishing Fall/Winter 2015 range include:
- IKA base layer line, featuring the IKA LS Half Zip for men and women with RealTree Xtra and RealTree MAX-1 camouflage patterns.
- The IKA Softshell collection is the final piece to your Merino layering system. Built with the right amount of stretch for comfort and ease of movement, the IKA softshell pants, vest and full-zip take you from a wide range of temperatures while easily shedding wind and rain. The IKA collection works as a system, the more Merino you pair together, the better you will breathe, the more comfortable you will be, all while staying odor free
- The MerinoLOFT Stratus LS Zip Hood jacket for men and women, packed with more loft (180gm in body/100gm in sleeves) than any Icebreaker jacket. The Stratus jackets are water repellent, machine washable and feature recycled merino insulation to maximize warmth.
- Next generation merino mid layers in the RealFLEECE collection – nature’s alternative to a synthetic fleece – the Cascade LS Zip and Cascade Vest for women, and the Sierra LS Zip and Sierra Vest for men.
- A complete accessories line featuring warm non-itch beanies, balaclavas, neck chutes and gloves - now in camouflage patterns.
- New lifestyle garments including the new Lodge LS shirt, a heavier weight woven shirt and canvas pants for both men and women; men’s canvas Escape Pants and Field Pants; and a versatile women’s Laurel Pant, which is a canvas weave comprised of 70% merino and 30% polyester.
- Icebreaker’s hunt-specific sock range -- The Icebreaker Hunt+ Mid Calf heavy cushion sock available for Men & Women, is anatomically sculpted, fully and densely cushioned for hunters.
The entire range is available at select wholesale partners worldwide and on Icebreaker.com.
Icebreaker merino clothing for the outdoors, technical sports and lifestyle includes underwear, mid layer garments, outerwear, socks and accessories for men, women and children. Icebreaker is based in Auckland, New Zealand, and is sold in more than 4000 stores in 44 countries. Please visit icebreaker.com for more information about Icebreaker, and jeremymoon.me for more information on Icebreaker founder Jeremy Moon. Follow Icebreaker on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest.