Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at email@example.com
- Coffee and gear: Adventure Bound onthefly in Ellicotteville, New York, introduced a new coffee shop into their retail business. "In addition to offering espresso drinks, our plan is to also evolve into an onsite, small-batch roasting facility," Co-owner Christy Rounds told the Salamanca Press. "We expect that after trying our coffee, a lot of people will be buying it for friends and family,”
- Must-watch: Other than fish, do you know what else is floating in the ocean? Pollution. The Surfrider Foundation's expert environmental scientists teamed up with innovators at Vissla to design a wetsuit burly enough to face the emerging environmental crisis.
- Plastic Impact Alliance: New members in the last two weeks include Adventure Journal, Adventure Travel Trade Association, Atmosphere Studios, Brunton, Gear Experience, Khala & Company, Mountain Life Media, Outdoor Retailer, Sawyer Products, and Stio. Join the collective of nearly 300 brands today.
- National Parks: Nearly nine in 10 Americans think highly of the National Park Service, according to a survey conducted by the Pew Research Center.
- Cutting food waste: AC Shilton for Outside tried to produce no food waste for a month. Here's how she did.
- Movie roundup: 6 great female-focused adventure films, including "Blue," "Life of Pie," and "Dead Last"
- Six Moon Designs recently donated lightweight backpacks and tents to the Pacific Northwest Trail Association, specifically to support its Performance Trail Crew program.
- GEAR AID hired Tanner Merrill as its new supply chain planning manager. Merrill joins GEAR AID with more than a decade of experience in the outdoor industry.
- Cotopaxi appointed South Wales-based Unify Brand Partnerships as its UK and Ireland distributor to launch its products with its autumn/winter 2020 collection.