Verde Brand Communications
Louisville, Colo. (April 12, 2015)- Pearl Izumi, maker of performance run footwear and apparel, announces the Trail N3 running shoe, which made its debut at The Running Event (TRE) industry event in Austin last week. This shoe completes the Neutral line of trail running shoes, featuring superior smoothness and maximum cushioning over rocks, roots and the roughest terrain.
The Trail N3 offers maximum protection, traction and comfort for those running long distances over obstacles. It features the Seamless Upper technology that Pearl Izumi began using on their shoes in 2003, creating a supple, supportive fit for technical trail running. Additionally, a new, stickier carbon rubber outsole compound has replaced the old outsole material used in Pearl Izumi trail shoes to improve wet weather traction. The shoes also feature a quick-drying neoprene tongue. Both the men’s and women’s versions will be offered in two new colorways.
Pearl Izumi’s patented midsole technology delivers runners the smoothest experience out there. This technology combines a Dynamic Offset midsole, allowing the foot to move through stages of the gait cycle continuously and without pause, creating the most fluid of running experiences. Like it’s sibling, the Trail N2 V2, additional support was added to the Trail N3 on the medial mid-foot for added control in this key area.
Additionally, Pearl Izumi’s footwear stands out for its Next Generation Seamless Upper. This design element adds lightweight structure and upper integrity with unlimited opportunities for textures, layers and colors.
Men’s and Women’s Trail N3:
- New Seamless Upper delivers improved mid-foot fit and the Anatomical Forefoot Shape allows for natural forefoot splay and foot swelling
- Dynamic offset-shaped midsole is biomechanically trail-tuned for the neutral runner looking for maximum cushioning and all-day comfort
- Features a widened toe box compared to it’s sibling, the Trail N2
- 5 mm wider under toe box and 3 mm wider under the heel than it’s Road N3 counterpart
- ESS Forefoot rock plate protects feet against stone bruising and rock push-through
- NEW aggressive, multi-directional Carbon Rubber outsole offers superb traction and abrasion resistance
- Heel Stack Height: 30 mm (includes midsole, outsole and EVA strobel board)
- Weight: 10.8 oz. (men’s size 9) 9.7 oz. (women’s size 8)
- Price: $135
About Pearl Izumi
For over 60 years, Pearl Izumi has been evolving and revolutionizing the design and manufacture of performance apparel and footwear for athletes who depend on uncompromising gear. Pearl Izumi products empower runners, riders and triathletes to be faster, more comfortable and to perform better 365 days of the year. In 2014, Pearl Izumi rooted its new world headquarters in the Colorado Front Range where it embraces strong influence, both culturally and structurally, from its Japanese heritage.