MONTANE® to Host ORWM’14 Ultra Retailer Winter Marathon
Salt Lake City, Utah -- (Jan 8, 2014) --MONTANE®, a leading UK- based technical apparel brand for over twenty years, will host the first annual Ultra Retailer Winter Marathon at the ORWM trade show in Salt Lake City, Utah this January. MONTANE is known around the world for pioneering lightweight and fast apparel and equipment for endurance sports and extreme mountain environments.
MONTANE supports the world’s leading ultra-distance endurance athletes, events and expeditions to test garment designs and push the limits of product innovation. However the Ultra Retailer Winter Marathon will be the brand’s first indoor endurance event. 200 lucky participants will be entered to win the grand prize ‘Alpine Kit’, as well as competing for daily MONTANE gear prizes.
The course is over 500,000 square feet of unforgiving concrete and carpet at The Salt Palace Convention Center and spans four days chockfull of meetings, events, seminars, outdoor activities, gear demos, social engagements, and sleepless nights. Ultramarathons define races in excess of 26.2 miles, a distance many OR attendees will easily cover throughout the weeklong convention.
“Attending OR is a bit of an anomaly,” states Matt Huff, managing director of Sport Hansa, the US importer and distributor for MONTANE. “One spends the entire week indoors talking non-stop about outdoor gear and trends, so most of us can’t wait to get outside again.
We thought this would be a fun way for attendees to experience MONTANE’s lightweight and breathable clothing while earning some bragging rights too.”
Based on the most miles per day, the top 25-percent of participants will be entered into a random drawing for daily prizes (Day 1 - Medusa 32 pack, Day 2 - Torque 40 pack and Day 3 - Grand Tour 55 pack). One extra point toward the grand prize ‘Alpine Kit’ is earned each day participants ‘check in’, refuel and log miles at MONTANE’s complimentary hydration and snack station, sponsored by Kate’s Real Foods wholesome energy bars and Polar Bottle (MONTANE / Sport Hansa booth #BR 531).
One lucky winner will take home the grand prize ‘Alpine Kit’, featuring MONTANE’s award winning Minimus Jacket, Minimus Pants and Prism Gloves.
How to Register:
- Look for MONTANE representatives during ORWM or stop by MONTANE / Sport Hansa booth (#BR 531) to receive the official Ultra Retailer Winter Marathon pedometer (while supplies last).
- Begin the marathon by registering the official pedometer at the MONTANE / Sport Hansa booth (#BR 531) any time during ORWM.
- Stop by MONTANE / Sport Hansa booth (#BR 531) to log individual mileage, enter to win daily prizes and refuel at our complimentary hydration station during Day 1, 2 and 3 of ORWM.
- Earn additional entries into the Grand Prize raffle each day you visit the booth and log miles. One lucky winner will take home the grand prize - ‘Alpine Kit’, featuring MONTANE’s award winning Minimus Jacket, Minimus Pants and Prism Gloves.
- Winners will be announced daily at 5:00pm at the booth and via MONTANE’s Facebook page. Winners will be notified by email to pick up their prizes during ORWM or to arrange shipping.
- The event is free and open to all ORWM attendees (while supplies last).
MONTANE would like to thank Kate’s Real Food and Polar Bottle for supporting this event.
Please stop by MONTANE (Sport Hansa booth # BR 531) at the upcoming 2014 Outdoor Retailer Winter Market trade show for more information. Or contact Matt Huff (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Theresa Blake (email@example.com) to book a retailer or media appointment.
MONTANE® is a British company that creates premium lightweight and breathable clothing for mountainous and extreme environments. Founded over 18 years ago, MONTANE® work with leading athletes in mountaineering, polar exploration, climbing and trail running disciplines. MONTANE® supports the world’s leading ultra-distance endurance events and works closely with innovative mountain and polar expeditions. MONTANE® products are sold through leading specialist outdoor, run and bike retailers in over 40 countries around the world. For more information please visit www.montane.co.uk. FURTHER. FASTER®.
About Sport Hansa
From Europe to America, Sport Hansa imports and distributes authentic, innovative outdoor brands and product lines. Serving over 240 specialty retailers in the North American market, Sport Hansa represents European brands Helle (Norway), Kupilka (Finland), Montane (England), Pronto Café (France), Terra Nova (England,) and Wetterlings (Sweden). Each brand offers a unique yet complementary product mix combined with a compelling brand history that stands out in terms of performance, authenticity and innovation. For more information, please visit www.sport-hansa.com.