GREENVILLE, S.C. (May 7, 2013) – Bomber Gear, manufacturer of premium paddling apparel and sprayskirts, has grown its sponsorships program for 2013 to include both whitewater and touring events as well as environmental and community organizations. With an expanded premium apparel line that will keep any paddler protected in even the most extreme conditions, Bomber Gear’s sponsorships for 2013 reflect the brand’s support of all types of paddlesports from SUP, to sea kayaking, to steep creeking.
“The range of events that Bomber Gear is sponsoring for 2013, from world kayaking competitions to river festivals to adventure tours, mirrors Bomber Gear’s relevance for any paddlesport,” said Jessica Prescott, marketing communications manager for Bomber Gear. “While Bomber Gear was originally created for whitewater paddlers, our apparel line is now designed for touring and stand up paddlers in addition to whitewater enthusiasts, and our sponsorships this year align with that commitment.”
Bomber Gear’s 2013 Sponsorships:
• GoPro Mountain Games – (June 6-9, 2013). The GoPro Mountain Games, held in Vail, Colo., are the nation’s largest celebration of the outdoor lifestyle, including adventure sports, art, and mountain culture. Professional and amateur athletes from around the world will be competing in a variety paddling events such as the full-contact, 8 Ball Kayak Sprint, Steep Creek Championship, SUP SurfCross, SUP Surf Sprint and the Freestyle Kayak Competition. This year, Bomber Gear is donating a prize to the winner of the Steep Creek Race and will be onsite to support all the different types of on-water activities.
• World Championships – (Sept. 2-8, 2013). The 2013 ICF Canoe Freestyle World Championships will take place on the Nantahala River. More than 300 of the best international athletes will descend upon Bryson City, N.C., for a week to compete and celebrate all things paddling. Thousands of spectators are expected to attend the event and watch the world’s top kayakers duke it out on The 2013 Wave, a world-class competitive feature created by a Wave Shaper.
• Active Nature Adventures – Team Dagger athlete Jason Beakes and fitness guru Kathy Summers have teamed up to create this organization that specializes in integrated fitness training through kayaking and stand up paddle boarding on the Potomac River and surrounding National Parks. Launching this spring, Active Nature seeks to provide exciting and life-affirming outdoor adventures to challenge participants physically and emotionally. Bomber Gear supports this type of on-water wellness movement and is sponsoring the organization with dry tops and sprayskirts for participants to use.
• American Whitewater – Bomber Gear is donating products to American Whitewater fundraisers such as Gauley Fest(Sept 20-21, 2013) to support the organization’s river conservation and access works. Stop by the Bomber Gear booth at Gauley Fest for a chance to win a Bomb Dry Suit, or sign up to win a Shellshock sprayskirt in the silent auction.
• Currents – Bomber Gear will be sponsoring web episodes covering a variety of kayaking topics including grassroots creekboat races, undiscovered kayaking regions, international whitewater tourism, and regional kayaking stories.
About Bomber Gear
Bomber Gear was founded in Durango, Colo. in 1992, by expert kayaker Rick Franken. Franken bought his first sewing machine because he and a small group of adventure-seeking friends needed better gear. Better gear that let them push the limits and perform at their best while staying warm, dry and comfortable. The goal was to design and manufacture task-specific paddling gear that worked for everyone. Today, Bomber Gear is a premium, authentic paddlesports brand that continues to specialize in the design of performance whitewater skirts and technical paddlesports apparel. Visit Bomber Gear online at www.bombergear.com.
Bomber Gear · Wilderness Systems · Wave Sport · Perception · Dagger · Mad River Canoe · Harmony · Adventure Technology
Verde PR & Consulting