- Smith Optics, in Ketchum, Idaho, appointed Mallory Burda as endurance promotions manager. Burda will oversee the growth of Smith’s eyewear and accessories among the cycling, triathlon and running divisions for the brand. She spent the past four years as U.S. sports marketing specialist at Specialized Bicycles.
- Mio, in Vancouver, Canada, tapped Verde PR & Consulting headed by Kristin Carpenter-Ogden to lead its brand communications in the outdoor and fitness markets. Verde will build off the company’s recent Mio Alpha watch release, including expanding brand reach for forthcoming product technologies by bridging the Mio brand offerings to athletes who train both indoors and outdoors.
- Nathan, in Sharon Hill, Pa., hired Adam Karl as junior industrial designer. Karl will support the hardgoods product group by designing and developing new hydration and visibility solutions to help athletes run stronger and longer. Karl previously held roles at creative agencies including RAM Industrial Design Firm, JDK Design and Cote d’OR Swimwear. He was the founding partner of design collective, DAP & Co. in Syracuse, N.Y, and also served as a design consultant to Merrell.
- Hydro Flask, in Bend, Ore., hired Timothy Gorbold as new product design engineer. With more than 12 years of experience, Gorbold’s engineering knowledge covers a wide range of topics from mechanical design to control systems.
- PrimaLoft, in Albany, N.Y., named Commonground as its global agency of record. It will spearhead PrimaLoft’s international efforts through a multi-disciplined communications program, taking responsibility for all advertising, branding, retail/shopper marketing, digital, experiential, and partner marketing.
Have news of a new hire or promotion within the outdoor industry? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.