- Ruffwear, in Bend, Ore., named Australia-based Frontier Equipment, headed by Dean Orange and Ben Ryan, to manage distribution in the Australia and New Zealand markets effective immediately. The deal will introduce the Ruffwear brand to the Pacific region. The company also updated its previously-announced European distribution deal with Accapi, that was to begin Dec. 2, saying it is now effective immediately.
- Kästle, in Salzburg, Austria, added Chris Davenport to its shareholder group. Davenport has been with the Kästle Pro Team since its inauguration in 2007. A dedicated big-mountain skier and mountaineer, Davenport's involvement with the brand goes beyond that of just an athlete; he has worked with designers in the development of new Kästle products and was instrumental in the success of Kästle's current U.S. business.
- Lowe Alpine, in Louisville, Colo., added Redline Sports Group to its sales team. The move helps to further consolidate the sales force of Lowe Alpine and Rab, Lowe Alpine’s sister brand. Redline, headed by Tim Hattrup and reps Matt McKay and Thomas Seymour, has served as the Rockies representation for Rab since 2009 and now their efforts with Lowe Alpine will extend into Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, and New Mexico.
- Aku, in Montebelluna, Italy, announced four new sales reps in the United States. Martin Socha will cover New England and Mid-Atlantic; Michelle Emmons will be the go-to in the Southwest; and Scott Slocum and Will Nagengast will split the Midwest sates.
- Crescent Moon Snowshoes hired Treehouse Communications, headed by Theresa Blake to become the brand’s public relations agency of record. Treehouse will work closely with Crescent Moon's executive team to manage press and consumer outreach in the snow sports, outdoor and active fitness markets.
- Ahnu, in San Francisco, Calif., named Outside PR, headed by Gordon Wright, as its PR agency. OutsidePR will represent Ahnu for all lines of product in both consumer and trade media outreach, and also focus heavily on the online and blogging worlds.
- Keen Footwear, in Portland, Ore., hired Texbase to fulfill its supply chain, materials and product quality and compliance management requirements. Aligned with the Keen product development, quality management and compliance teams, along with the brand’s suppliers and independent testing labs, the Texbase materials and quality management solution will allow Keen to define and manage performance and compliance standards with clarity and certainty.
Have any new hire or promotion news to share? Email us and we'll get it in next week's column.