- K2 Sports welcomed back Tim Petrick for a third go-around with the company, this time as president of K2 Sports global sales and marketing. Petrick previously worked with the Seattle-based brand as its vice president and general manager of the ski division from 1989 to 1997, and then as its vice president of global sales from 2000 to 2009. Celebrating the brand’s 50th anniversary, K2 officials said the company, owned by Jarden Corp., is the middle of a multi-year investment plan involving “a substantial capital infusion.”
- McNett named Travis Huisman as its new CEO. Huisman, who joined Bellingham, Wash.-based McNett in 2009, replaces Gary Cruikshank, who after 13 years as CEO, will transition to director of the company’s advisory board. Cruikshank will remain CEO of McNett’s sister brand Aquamira. Prior to joining McNett, Huisman consulted with major corporations on financial management as a key member of Moss Adams, and accounting and consulting firm.
- Amer Sports appointed Ashley Williams to head up its Winter and Outdoor Americas marketing team as marketing vice president and director, plus Salomon brand franchise leader. Williams will lead Salomon’s marketing plan and he will work with business directors and country managers to define the marketing plans for Suunto, Atomic and Wilson. Williams most recently served as head of marketing for Yakima USA, also previously working with Adidas.
- Deuter USA, in Longmont, Colo., retained Vermont-based Pale Morning Media, headed up by Drew Simmons, to lead its mainstream and mass-market public relations outreach, with a primary focus on media outlets in New York City. The move beefs up the brand’s public relations. Outreach in the core outdoor space will remain with The Walton Works, headed up by Todd Walton in Boise, Idaho.
- Bluesmiths, a new waterwear brand in Kula, Hawaii, retained The Walton Works, headed up by Todd Walton, as the company’s new public relations connector.
Have news of a new hire or promotion within the outdoor industry? Let us know at email@example.com.
--Compiled by David Clucas