- VF Outdoor & Action Sports Americas named Francois Goulet as its new general manager in Canada. Goulet will be responsible for leading the strategic efforts to enable a business platform that can serve as the catalyst for accelerating growth in the Canadian outdoor and action sports market. Goulet joins VF Outdoor & Action Sports from Coalision, Inc., where he most recently held the position of executive vice president and head of the Orage brand. Prior to joining Coalision, Goulet spent 20 years in leadership roles with The Rossignol Group, including serving as president of Rossignol Group North America. Goulet and his family will relocate to Montreal for his new job with VF. His first day in the office will in late November.=
- Fischer Skis hired Rick Halling as its Nordic promotions and customer service specialist. In the newly created position, Halling will work directly with Peter Ashley, vice president of the Fischer Skis U.S. Nordic Division, to grow and support the brand’s American sales. Halling will be based out of the company’s U.S. headquarters in Auburn, N.H., providing support for Fischer’s Nordic sales representatives and dealers as well as Nordic marketing and promotions efforts. Previously, he spent 20 years at Atomic’s Nordic division, managing sales, marketing and racing.
- Madshus appointed Ben Dubay as its new sales representative for its Midwest territory. Dubay has been a technical representative for Swix and Fischer for the past five years, and he has been an avid classic skier since his youth, including coaching local clubs and the Midwest Junior National team.
- Johnson Outdoors Watercraft, in Old Town, Maine, introduced Lucas LaBree as the new marketing communications manager for its Old Town Canoes & Kayaks, Ocean Kayak, Necky Kayaks and Carlisle Paddles brands. LaBree is a graduate of Clarkson University where he holds a degree in technical communications, and a native of Old Town.
- Outdoor Tech, in Los Angeles, named Adam Janecka its vice president of sales. Janecka will oversee sales and distribution for Outdoor Tech’s growing line of outdoor-focused electronic lifestyle products. He previously spent more than 12 years working in consumer electronic sales at Eton and Magellan GPS.
- Diamondback, in Kent Wash., named Verde PR & Consulting as its agency of record for North American public-relations and social media support. The new partnership will focus on providing strategic communications support, as well as on continuing to grow consumer awareness of the brand and its products in both endemic and broad markets. Employing both traditional, digital and content-driven brand communication strategies, Verde PR, headed up by Kristin Carpenter-Ogden, will work closely with Marketing Manager Jon Kennedy and Diamondback’s in-house marketing team to communicate about distinct product lines, business initiatives and brand programming.
- Tilley Endurables appointed Hardin Outdoors as its new sales agency representing North and South Carolina. Joining Tilley’s sales force, Elliott Hardin, based in northern Georgia, brings more than 20 years of outdoor brand sales experience in the Southeast. Hardin also represents Sea to Summit, JanSport, Contour and Adidas Outdoor in the region.
Have news of a new hire or promotion within the outdoor industry? Let us know at email@example.com.
--Compiled byDavid Clucas