Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at email@example.com
- REI Co-op is investing $1 million in the Outdoor Foundation, the charitable arm of Outdoor Industry Association. The donation will go to the Thrive Outside program, designed to help young people’s social, emotional, and academic development through the outdoors. REI joins VF Corp., Patagonia and Thule, which all made significant multi-year pledges during Outdoor Retailer Summer Market in July.
- The American Alpine Club's Hill to Crag program now has a two-fold impact. Initially intended to get elected officials out on the wall, the program has expanded to include active-duty military and veteran engagement.
- Eric Larsen's 700-mile "Last South" expedition across Antartica is set to begin on Nov. 23. Along with aiming for an unsupported speed record, Larsen plans to highlight climate change in partnership with Protect Our Winters.
- BioLite appointed Waypoint Outdoor as its exclusive nationwide master sales representative group for the US Outdoor Wholesale Market. The duo is excited to develop new strategies for on-the-ground retail support.
- KEEN's brand new VP of Product Design and Innovation, Chris Pawlus, plans to elevate interdisciplinary collaboration across the brand's various business units.