Nuggets of news you need to know today, bite by bite.
- Today we launched an exciting new column called HER Voice in partnership with LifeStraw. Managing Director Alison Hill kicks things off with an overview of the project: "Our goal for this column is to continue adding to the rich conversation that already exists, to highlight new women leaders—engineers, activists, and change makers in the industry—and to continue to make progress on elevating women, and their collective voices, across the outdoor industry."
- Fischer Skis announced the promotion of Chris Hall to Nordic Racing Director. Hall has an extensive background in ski selection and race service, having worked for the US Nordic Team six years prior to domestic Fischer focused ski service work.
- Outdoor gear brand Woodland takes their ProPlanet Initiative further with new 'Bring Your City Back' campaign. Under the initiative, the company hopes to add 25 zero carbon footprint stores to the 5 waste-free stores already existing. Harkirat Singh, the Managing Direction at Woodland, explains that, according to the company, spreading the message of collecting plastic waste wherever one travels fits their creed to be a sustainable fashion outdoor brand.
- Toray developed a new nylon textile that uses a DWR treatment with a lower environmental cost. The unnamed material will be marketed as a material variation of the existing textile brands Airtastic, ENTRANT, and Dermizax in 2020.
- National Geographic is calling for contestants for their new adventure competition television show. The show is being described as “an extreme non-elimination competition that follows four groups of adventurers, each starting from different corners of the earth as the race to a buoy in the middle of the ocean.”
- Sting will partner with the Utah Symphony to celebrate Zion National Park's 100th birthday in August 2019. The celebration will kick-off the “We the Keepers” campaign that centers around the park's goal to enlist all visitors as "keepers" of the land.
- Looking to plan your next trip? Here's every U.S. National Park ranked to help you decide where to visit on your next trip, starting at #61: Kobuk Valley National Park and ending with #1: Yosemite.
- Outdoor Foundation’s Thrive Outside Give Back Bash is on night zero of the upcoming Outdoor Retailer show. Get your tickets here.
- And lastly, will you promise to bring your reusable bottle to the OR show in a few weeks? Join the movement and sign this pledge. It takes 5 seconds.