Outdoor University 2010: Selling to Women – PMS (Product, Merchandising, Service)
Outdoor Industry Association Webinar Set for March 10, 2010
BOULDER, CO (February 23, 2010) – On Wednesday, March 10, from 2:00 p.m. through 3:00 p.m. (MST) Outdoor Industry Association (OIA) will present Selling to Women – PMS (Product, Merchandising, Service, a live Webinar workshop designed to give retailers the tools to make their female customers’ shopping experience a positive one.
Presented by Kim Walker, founder and president of outdoor DIVAS, this Webinar will break down PMS – that is, products, merchandising and service – and explore these topics:
·Do you have the right mix of women's products?
·Is your women's section easy to navigate?
·Do your female customers feel comfortable in your store - or are they intimated?
Selling to Women is the first of eleven online retail workshops in the 2010 OIA Outdoor University® program. The cost of this first Webinar is free for everyone. Subsequent Outdoor University Webinars are offered free to OIA members and SNEWS® subscribers and for $99 per Webinar for non members. Pre-registration is required. For complete information on the Outdoor University program, speakers or to register, visit www.outdoorindustry.org.
Outdoor University 2010 Schedule
- Wednesday, March 10 Selling to Women– PMS (Product, Merchandising, Service)
- Wednesday, April 14 Implementing Successful Local Events
- Wednesday, May 12 Developing a Marketing Plan and Budget
- Wednesday, June 9 Branching Out Without Losing Your Roots
- Wednesday, July 14 Converting to a New Point of Sale System
- Wednesday, August 18 The Evolving Role of the Independent Rep
- Wednesday, September 8 The Art of Feng Shui in Specialty Retail
- Wednesday, October 13 Marketing Your Locally Owned Business
- Wednesday, November 10 How to Form a Key Vendor Marketing Alliance
- Wednesday, December 8 Working With, Not Against Big Boxes
- Wednesday, January 12, 2011 Sustainability as a Business Initiative
Outdoor University® is made possible through the generous support of its sponsors: Outdoor Retailer, Woolrich, SNEWS®, Adventure 16, Alpine Experience, Alpine Shop, Backwoods, Darby Communications, Midwest Mountaineering, Mountain Gear, outdoor DIVAS, Rutabaga and What's Up Public Relations. OIA Outdoor University® is an affiliate of SNEWS® Retail College.
About Outdoor Industry Association
Outdoor Industry Association® (OIA) is a national trade association whose mission is to ensure the growth and success of the outdoor industry. OIA provides trade services for over 4000 manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, sales representatives and retailers in the outdoor industry. OIA programs include representation in government/legislative affairs, market and social research, business-to-business services and youth outreach initiatives. Educational events include the annual Rendezvous®, Outdoor University®, and the Capitol Summit. Outdoor Industry Association is based in Boulder, Colorado, and is the title sponsor of the Outdoor Retailer tradeshows. For more information go to www.outdoorindustry.org or call 303.444.3353.