GoMotion®, manufacturer of wearable lighting systems for runners, walkers, hikers and anyone recreating outside after the sun goes down, has announced the addition of a hydration lightvest to its 2013 product line, along with design and name updates to existing products.
SYNERGY Hydration LightVest (MSRP: $79.95 – base model)
The SYNERGY Hydration Lightvest is perfect for early morning runs before the sun comes up, a day that stretches into evening on the trail, or a 24 hour race where it’s critical that you can see and be seen. Using the same clear, bright 100 lumen Cree LED with Fresnel lens as the rest of the GoMotion line, SYNERGY houses a 1 liter capacity hydration pocket (bladder sold separately) and shock cord attachment to store a light jacket or hat and gloves. The lightweight vest (15 oz) features padded hex foam shoulder straps for increased comfort and support with hi-vis orange accents and silver reflective striping. The unique slider system on the shoulder straps allows you to adjust the position of the light while a waffled comfort pad on the sternum light sits comfortably on your chest.
FUSION Backpack Light ($59.95). The Sternum Light Kit 100 has been updated with a new, more streamlined design and new name, FUSION. FUSION features a thinner profile and more pliable nylon straps that stay closer to the chest, along with a new square design to offer greater purchase and fit on pack straps.
LITEBELT 100 ($59.95)
The top-selling LITEBELT 100 will now be offered in both Hi-Vis Orange with Light Grey trim and Coastal Blue with Light Grey trim – both with reflective piping and highlights for increased road safety.
NEW PRODUCT NAMES
The Waist Light Kit 100 is now CORELITE Waistpack Light
Sternum Light Kit 100 is now FUSION Backpack Light
All of GoMotion’s wearable lighting systems include:
- 100 lumen Cree LED with Fresnel lens offering a bright, lightweight light that is clearer and more pure than traditional headlamp lights.
- 3 adjustable light levels that don't diminish as your battery life fades. The internal battery management software regulates the light and warns you near the end to power down to the next setting until you can replace the batteries. (High = 8 hrs; Medium = 18 hrs; Low = 54 hrs.)
- A ratchet system to angle the light up and down, depending on your activity and needs.
- Spot to flood beam control (Beam distance: Spot: 100m - 20m, Flood: 80m - 10m).
- Water resistant system that means you’ll still have lighting in a rainstorm (IPX 3).
- Red flashing tail lights in the battery pack to increase visibility and can be turned off when you don’t need them.
The benefit of wearing the light lower on your body vs. a headlamp:
- better depth perception
- better peripheral vision
- increased visibility in precipitation
- won't blind other runners
- the ability to maintain night vision and see sideways without moving the light
GoMotion will be at booth 32106 at OR. To schedule a sales meeting, please contact Bob Hunnewell, Bhunnewell@Gomotioninc.com, (508) 322-7695. To schedule a media appointment, please contact Kate Ketschek, email@example.com.
GoMotion is sold through national and international retailers, online and through www.gomotiongear.com.