- Birkenstock USA, in Novato, Calif., will welcome David Kahan as its new CEO on June 1. Kahan brings more than 20 years experience as a senior leader at global footwear brands including Rockport, Reebok, Fila and Nike. He most recently served as president of the Footwear Group for ENK International. Prior to ENK, Kahan led the Rockport North America, with responsibility for all sales, customer service, marketing, regional product management, finance, operations, and human resources.
- Alp-n-Rock, in San Diego, Calif., appointed Arnaud Claude as sales and marketing director. He will be responsible for domestic and international sales as well as all marketing efforts for the sport fashion brand. A native of France who has resided in the United States for 20 years, Claude brings both European and American approaches to business.
- Fitsok, in Chanhassen, Minn., named The Walton Works, headed by Todd Walton as its public relations connector effective immediately.
- Balega International, in Hickory, N.C., hired Ben Hernandez as brand manager. He primarily will focus on managing the brand’s presence within key retailer Fleet Feet Sports, including coordinating employee training, merchandising, in-store promotions and event sponsorship. Hernandez previously managed several specialty running stores.
- GU Energy, in Berkeley, Calif., added Lauren O’Connor as the company’s new senior marketing manager. She will be responsible for overseeing consumer marketing strategy, as well as implementation of public relations, social media, advertising and media planning, consumer promotions, and strategic partnerships. O’Connor previously served as senior marketing manager for Trigger Point Performance, and director of integrated marketing and social media at Pivotal Fitness, as well as a global customer and channel marketing communications manager at Hewlett-Packard.
Have news of a new hire or promotion within the outdoor industry? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.