Whether it's for environmental reasons or because nobody likes constantly slathering sunscreen all over their body and hands when adventuring, more and more people are discovering sun-protective clothing, and outdoor retail shop employees can help even more. With SNEWS’ Retail College: How to Sell Sun-Protective Clothing online course, sales associates will dive into the pros and cons of impregnated clothes, how long the applications last, various treatment types, and more. With this course you’ll learn the ins and outs of closing a sun-protective clothing sale and keeping your customers happy.
To create this course, we partnered with Dave Weeks, a 17-year veteran sales associate at Summit Hut in Tucson, Arizona.
And in a special video lesson, retail rock star Malcolm Daly reminisces on his Johnson Baby Oil "rotisserie" days, and how he's learned to upsell customers on UPF clothing.
You'll also learn:
- How to engage your customer and ask the right questions
- How to convey the importance of sun-protective clothing
- How to differentiate fabrics and materials
- How to decipher various sun-protective coatings and applications
- How to explain the benefits of the most common features of sun protective clothing
All our courses are FREE to qualified retailers. They're quick and easy to take on any mobile device (and a great way to hone your skills during slow times in the shop).
More Retail College courses
Check out all our other courses, all free to qualified retailers.