Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outdoor Industry Association released this statement regarding the recent restart on the U.S./China trade talks: “We welcome news that there is a pause in the escalating trade war with China and no new tariffs will be imposed on outdoor companies and their products for an indefinite period. Now is the time for President Trump and Chinese President Xi to quickly finalize a trade deal, remove all punitive tariffs and free our American businesses and consumers from the economic burden of billions of dollars in increased costs this trade war has already caused," said Patricia Rojas-Ungar, vice president of government affairs for OIA. “Until a deal is concluded American businesses face increased uncertainty at a time when they should be innovating new products and potentially adding new employees – let’s get it done.”
- Online camping platform The Dyrt launched in-app campground rental booking today, making it even easier to book public and private campgrounds, RV parks, & unique lodgings across the U.S.
- KAVU is doubling down on its commitment to specialty outdoor retailers with the implementation of Elastic Suite, a state-of-the-art business-to-business platform from PlumRiver Technologies.
- U.S. Senators Ron Wyden, D-Oregon, and Joni Ernst, R-Iowa, Ranking Member of the House Natural Resources Committee Rob Bishop, R-Utah, and Rep. Debbie Dingell, D-Mich. reintroduced legislation in the Senate and House to remove barriers to outdoor recreation and boost rural economies across the country. This act also includes the Simplifying Outdoor Access for Recreation (SOAR) Act introduced earlier this year.
- Merino Wool announced Unbound Merino, a collection of travel merino wool travel socks, shirts, and underwear that can be worn for weeks on end without washing. Co-founder Dan Demsky tested the line by wearing the same black T-shirt, underwear, and socks for 46 consecutive days. “The shirt was just as clean, just as pleasant smelling and just as in shape on day 47 as it was on the day I put it on,” he said.
- Pelican Products, Inc., the industry leader of high-performance protective cases and coolers, is proud to have received not one, but two Best New Product Awards at Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2019.
- David Dragoo, president and founder of Colorado Outdoors, was appointed by Colorado Sen. Leroy M. Garcia, Jr., Senate President, to the Colorado Economic Development Commission.
- Darn Tough Vermont debuted a new athletic line inspired by obstacle course racing, CrossFit, and trail running.“We’ve never followed a ‘one sock for all users’ design philosophy; at Darn Tough we meticulously design and knit socks that address specific needs,” said Ric Cabot, CEO and president of Darn Tough Vermont.