Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at email@example.com.
- LEKI turned 30 this week: VP Greg Wozer sent us this note with a glimpse into the company's humble beginnings: "It was 30 years ago today (January 9, 1990) about 4pm that LEKI USA was conceived on a stretch of Interstate 90 between Cleveland and Buffalo in the front and back seats of a Honda Accord…with Klaus Lenhart, Bernd Mayer and me. Thanks to all of you that joined us on this ride and all the friends we made along the way!" Congrats, Greg!
- Save the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge: Conservation Communications is circulating a form for businesses to oppose drilling in this sensitive part of Alaska. Goldman Sachs recently said it won't finance new oil projects in the Arctic.
- Rad women: Kim Coupounas, who originally co-founded GoLite with her husband, Coup, and who currently serves as Global Ambassador for B Lab, was recognized as one of the top "world-changing woman leaders" by Concious Company Magazine for her "needle-moving, envelope-pushing" work on climate change and gender equality.
- Missing the benefits boat: Only 6 percent of U.S. businesses offer childcare benefits to their employees, according to a new survey from Clutch. Big mistake, says Patagonia.
- Will an indoor bunny hill in a New Jersey swamp break down barriers and get more people into skiing? Outside sent a reporter to Big Snow to find out.
- Registration is open for OIA's 2020 Capitol Summit in April: Your voice is more important than ever this year. Make yours heard in Washington alongside your fellow outdoor advocates. Learn more here.
- Hydro Flask through its Parks For All charitable giving program will donate more than $501,400 in grants to sixteen nonprofit organizations whose missions align with building, maintaining, restoring, or providing better access to public parks and green spaces globally. See the full list here.
- GearJunkie's "The Pitch": In its third year, this pitching event will put five new brands on the spot to earn cash prizes and the chance to bring products to the mainstream. Find out more here.