The Active Interest Media Outdoor Group (including Backpacker Magazine, Climbing Magazine, SNEWS, OR Daily, National Park Trips, and their event and special interest programs) is seeking a creative, results-oriented sales account manager to lead strategic cultivation of a large endemic sales territory for our SNEWS property. This account manager will be a sales expert and responsible for maximizing customer lifetime value. Reporting to the group Managing Director, the sales manager will be responsible for advertising and sponsorship sales to a diverse set of industry clients. This is a full-time role based in the AIM offices in Boulder, Colorado.
Do you love working hard for your clients, finding solutions to their challenges, not just selling what you have? Do you look at the media landscape and see that while there is change there is also a ton of opportunity? If those answers are yes, you should apply for this job today.
This is a sales job, and while performance is measured in revenue, this is a team environment. SNEWS is a small team so it requires a natural leader who is equally good at stepping up and taking charge as they are hanging back and contributing… and knowing when the time is right for both.
SNEWS Sales Lead
- Work directly with SNEWS & Outdoor Group team in acquiring and managing industry category business
- Drive sales of programs across digital, video, social, email, event, and custom products. Possibly print inclusion with OR Daily sales responsibility.
- Work with the editorial and business development department to build creative solutions through integrated programs that align with client direction and goals
- Help develop cross-platform sales opportunities, proposals, digital and video campaigns and recaps for clients and agencies
- Maintain a project manager role when it comes to executing large multi-media marketing programs for your clients
- Stay attuned to new market trends, events and new media opportunities
- Build and maintain strategic partner relationships, attend industry events and client meetings
Required Tasks and Skills
- Sell online advertising, custom digital media, and event sponsorships to existing client base and new prospect.
- Develop new sales opportunities through strong prospecting skills
- Prepare strong presentations, proposals, and sales contracts
- Maintain a level of excellence that delivers media plans and ideas in the most professional way possible
- Ability to develop high level strategy/creative around RFPs & media plans
- Take a proactive approach to sales & marketing and consistent idea generation
- Track and maintain regular customer service on accounts to make sure we’re delivering and optimizing campaigns
- Have an understanding of revenue goals and forecasting
- High-level understanding of what we can do improve relevancy for AIM brands & the various brands we work with as well as working alongside brand managers and publishers to drive the development of individual AIM brands
- Maintain a big-picture outlook to help create and sell multi-advertiser and multi-platform programs
Essential skills & qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of sales experience
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to demonstrate past sales achievements
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Team player with positive attitude
- Process-oriented with strong analytic interest
- Experience with digital marketing and custom content
- Strong interest in outdoors and leading an active, healthy lifestyle
- Detail oriented, organized, and has an ability to manage multiple sales initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with flawless attention to detail
- Some travel required.
To apply, email letter or other thoughtful expression of your interest, resume, and compensation requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please No Phone Calls