Outdoor sales reps have always owned the front-line retail relationship. But today, social media’s increased presence and influence in the purchasing decision process, for both buyers and customers, presents new opportunities and responsibilities for reps that extend beyond the traditional sales rep role. Sales reps have and must continue to embrace social media to stay indispensable to both their retailers and their vendors.
At Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2010, Kristin Carpenter-Ogden and Mike Geraci of Verde PR & Consulting will present Rep University: Making Social Work for You to discuss how both inside and independent sales reps can increase sales and influence while building stronger relationships with retailers, vendors and customers by integrating social media into their business practices.
The discussion takes place on Thursday, August 5th from 7:30 – 9:00 on Thursday, August 5th in the Marriott Salt Palace hotel’s Alta, Snowbird, Brighton salons.
Kristin and Mike will be using best practice knowledge they gained form working with best-of-class sales and marketing leaders in the ecommerce, outdoor, ski/board, bike, and LOHAS market to examine how the role of the sales rep is changing in this new paradigm and how to say ahead of this game-changing shift, including:
- How to use social media to increase ownership of your territory
- How to ensure value and transparency in social media
- How to become more important to your buyers and vendors by actively participating in social conversations
- How to be valuable to your brands by participating in consumer-generated product reviews
- How to become an indispensible bridge between your vendor brand communications, retailers and end-consumers
- How this equates to increased sales
- The time and resource commitment required for an effective social media presence
All elements of manufacturers’ sales and marketing programs are evolving to better
leverage the opportunities that social media platforms empower. How will this dynamic affect the reps role in the organization and what can they do to be ahead of this shift?
For more information, visit http://www.verdepr.com/rep-u.
About Verde PR & Consulting
Verde PR & Consulting is an integrated public relations, communications and new media agency with a focus in the outdoor, snowsports, cycling, fitness, health/wellness and broad market fields. Verde is headquartered in Durango, Colo., and Jackson Hole, Wyo. The agency offers the full range of communications services, from traditional PR and media relations to digital and social media.