BEND, Ore. (November 16, 2017)
With help from brands in the Outdoor Industry, The Conservation Alliance will launch a fundraising campaign on Giving Tuesday to help protect and defend wild lands and waters across North America. The Conservation Alliance plans to use the funds raised on Giving Tuesday to permanently protect threatened wild places in 2018.
For the first time, The Conservation Alliance has created a consumer-facing campaign for Giving Tuesday, called “You Give. We Protect.” On November 28, Conservation Alliance member companies will share the campaign through their social media channels and invite their customers to join the outdoor industry’s collective effort to add new protected areas to the map by making a donation to The Conservation Alliance. One hundred percent of the funds raised through this campaign will go directly into The Conservation Alliance grant fund.
In 2017, The Conservation Alliance awarded $1.75-million in grants to 50 conservation organizations working to protect and defend wild places. The group hopes to increase that amount in 2018.
In addition to sharing the “You Give, We Protect” campaign, the following Conservation Alliance member companies will raise funds for The Conservation Alliance through creative cause marketing campaigns on Giving Tuesday:
• Arc’teryx will support The Conservation Alliance through its ecommerce channel and dealer network on Giving Tuesday. Arc’teryx will use Promoboxx to encourage dealers and retail stores to help raise money for The Conservation Alliance and the protection of wild places.
• Moosejaw will donate 10-percent of sales generated from its “Almost Gift Card” promotion running on Giving Tuesday to The Conservation Alliance. Customers must use the promotion code (FREEMONEY) for the donation to be applied. For more information, visit Moosejaw.com.
• GRAYL will donate 25-percent of Giving Tuesday revenue to The Conservation Alliance. GRAYL purifiers make safe, clean water from virtually any freshwater source. Visit thegrayl.com for more details.
• Wilderness Press will promote the Conservation Alliance campaign on their blogs and social media, and offer a coupon code for an additional 5-percent off products to anyone who donates to the Conservation Alliance on Giving Tuesday.
• BoCo Gear will direct a percentage of proceeds on Giving Tuesday to The Conservation Alliance. For more information, visit bocogear.com.
• Uncage the Soul Productions will host an online auction to raise funds for The Conservation Alliance. The item up for auction is an extra large print (60" x 44") of Oregon's beloved Crater Lake. The auction will go live on Tuesday, November 28, at 8:00 a.m. PT on the Uncage the Soul Facebook page. The auction will be open for 12 hours only and will close at 8 PM PT with 100-percent of the winning auction bid going directly to The Conservation Alliance.
• Stio will donate a portion of online sales on Giving Tuesday to The Conservation Alliance. Visit Stio.com for details.
• Promoboxx, a partner of The Conservation Alliance, is a brand-to-retailer marketing platform that enables members to promote and share the Giving Tuesday campaign content with their local retailer networks. In addition to supporting The Conservation Alliance by increasing Giving Tuesday awareness and donations among local consumers, Promoboxx is also making a campaign donation.
“The Conservation Alliance fights every day to protect America's wild places, which are under threat as never before. Our customers use and love America's public lands, so GRAYL is joining the fight!” said Travis Merrigan, co-founder of GRAYL. “On Giving Tuesday, we're proud to donate 25-percent of sales of our water purifiers to The Conservation Alliance, so our public lands stay public for generations to come," said Merrigan.
“Asking our member companies to raise money for The Conservation Alliance on Giving Tuesday is unprecedented, but so are the attacks on our public lands,” said Josie Norris, communications and grant program manager at The Conservation Alliance. “Behind every Conservation Alliance member company there is a group of passionate employees who value the protection of wild places, and they are eager to help us increase our investment, and impact, in 2018.”
About The Conservation Alliance:
The Conservation Alliance is an organization of like-minded businesses whose collective contributions support grassroots environmental organizations and their efforts to protect wild places where outdoor enthusiasts recreate. Alliance funds have played a key role in protecting rivers, trails, wildlands and climbing areas. Membership in the Alliance is open to all companies who care about protecting our most threatened wild places for habitat and outdoor recreation. Since its inception in 1989, The Conservation Alliance has contributed more than $19 million, awarded 552 grants, helped to protect more than 50 million acres of wildlands; protect 2,991 miles of rivers; stop or remove 29 dams; designate five marine reserves; and purchase 12 climbing areas. For complete information on The Conservation Alliance, see: www.conservationalliance.com.